Chit Chat
Options

Green smoothies

My sister texted me today asking questions about green smoothies, and what I put into them when I make them.  It made me realize that mine are insanely boring. . . . I usually stick to spinach, berries and bananas.  I started adding an avocado which makes them crazy thick and amazing.  Anyone have any recipes, or go to favorites to get me out of my rut, and my sister into the smoothie group?  I just saw one online with bok choy, peaches, and blueberries which I feel like I have to try now. . . . i'm to intrigued not to!!

Re: Green smoothies

• Options
    Yea I'm pretty standard. I stick with either banana, strawberries, spinach, water, ice. Or pineapple, mango, blueberries, spinach, water, ice. But when I'm feeling naughty I do strawberries, ice, and chocolate milk!

• Options
    FI made one the other day with spinach, carrot and ginger. It was really good! 

I usually do spinach or kale, blueberries, bananas and flax seed. Other things I like to add in: pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, apricots, figs, raspberries, pears, apples, walnuts. 
  • Options
    spinach carrot and ginger sounds interesting.  Not sweet I presume?  I really want to do some with ginger.
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    spinach carrot and ginger sounds interesting.  Not sweet I presume?  I really want to do some with ginger.
    Not too sweet at all. I loved it. 
  • Options
    I don't really have a recipe. I pretty much just throw in whatever I happen to have around the kitchen at the time. One time I made one with spinach, kale, strawberries and oranges. It was pretty good but I had to add more of the veggies to make but less sleep.
  • Options
    I throw a little bit of pineapple and/or mango chunks for flavor.  Always spinach and kale, sometimes chard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I throw in plain yogurt, spinach, strawberries, and vanilla and orange juice concentrate to sweeten it. I will also add a splash of milk if it's too thick.
  • Options
    Spinach, carrot, kiwi, Appel juice is my boring green smoothie too.
  • Options

I'm a huge fan of green smoothies! I am pretty boring with mine too though.

Spinach, bananas, strawberries, greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom, and soy milk. I don't put any ice in mine bc I prefer big ice to tiny pieces.

I've done some penut butter ones and some with granola and honey. But I like my boring ones the best. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards