June 2014 Weddings

sending invites...

When are you guys sending your invites? My wedding is June 28th but I need my head count 2 weeks prior to the wedding, so RSVP deadline is May 28th, giving me a week for stragglers and phone calls. Because my rsvps are coming to me and not my parents, when someone puts one in the mail, it take 3-4 days to get to me (PA to NC) so I thought this would be enough buffer time. I'm thinking of getting them in the mail the first week of April... what's all yours plans?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: sending invites...

• Mine's June 21st and my RSVP date is May 17th. I'm sending the out-of-town and bridal party invites out next week, and then sending the rest the week after that.
  • Mine's June 21st and my RSVP date is May 17th. I'm sending the out-of-town and bridal party invites out next week, and then sending the rest the week after that.
    @thefuturemrssisk I thought about splitting it up like that, but everyone talks to everyone... I think I might just send them early rather than late, especially because I know my dog friends have shows available to them to compete in on our wedding day. :/
  • Mine is also June 21. I sent the bridal party there's because I just HAD to send some LOL. I also sent 2 out of state that I'm certain won't be coming, but needed to send because if I didn't then I may not at all (long family drama story).

I'll be sending the rest out April 14, rsvp date is June 1. That should allow plenty of time for guests that need to to make their reservations from the hotel block...the hotel will be releasing any unsold rooms three weeks before the event (June 1). Also leaves me a week for follow up calls to get a count to the caterer, due June 9.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I'm June 20, and I'm sending mine out on the Monday after Easter Sunday (April 21) with an RSVP date of May 23. My caterer wants a 30-day head count/payment, then a "finalized" head count and final payment 14 days prior to the wedding. So it gives people a little more than month to get them mailed back, then leaves me two weeks to hunt down the stragglers. 

We got the invitations weeks ago, but I'm obsessing over spelling, wording, grammar...I'm a stickler for all of those things, and I'm terrified that I've overlooked something. Not to mention I keep picking apart the wording- did I phrase this right? Is this proper etiquette?! Should I have said this instead???AAAHH! 

I think I'm down to 85 days...is it June yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @melbelleup Yeah, I could see that being an issue. I'm not really worried about my bridal party or out of towners talking about it but that's because they don't really know a lot of the other guests. I agree with you about sending them early though, because I'd definitely rather send them early than late. Plus I want to get responses back!!
  • jalyndani said:
    I'm June 20, and I'm sending mine out on the Monday after Easter Sunday (April 21) with an RSVP date of May 23. My caterer wants a 30-day head count/payment, then a "finalized" head count and final payment 14 days prior to the wedding. So it gives people a little more than month to get them mailed back, then leaves me two weeks to hunt down the stragglers. 

We got the invitations weeks ago, but I'm obsessing over spelling, wording, grammar...I'm a stickler for all of those things, and I'm terrified that I've overlooked something. Not to mention I keep picking apart the wording- did I phrase this right? Is this proper etiquette?! Should I have said this instead???AAAHH! 

I think I'm down to 85 days...is it June yet?
    @jalyndani

I've had my invites since June last year lol. I printed them myself on my work printer. I completely feel the same way... what if I misspelled something, what if I have the wrong address, what if I have the wrong name etc... It's frustrating. It took me forever to send my STDs because of that fear lol

I did however, seal and stamp all of my invites yesterday... then somehow had an extra stamp. I had to go back through my 141 invites and see who's I forgot... luckily I found it lol

Ohhhhh June where are youuuu
  • Mine will go out in the mail today.  I'm also a June 28 bride.  RSVP due date May 24, so we get them back about a week and a half before we have to get final head counts in.

I know it's early to send them by the 6-8 weeks before standard, but our room block is only reserved until April 28* (the 8 week mark) and there are no decent hotels that are less than 30 minutes away.  I figured it was more rude to not send invites with enough time for people to get a room in the block than to send them earlier than etiquette traditionally requires.

*If I had realized that this was when invites are supposed to go out, I would have tried to change that in our contract before we signed it, but I didn't realize the date conflict until about 2 months ago.

The thing that is bumming me out right now is that I will be out of town for work all next week, so I probably won't be home when the first RSVPs come in.  I asked FI to hold off opening them until I got back and he looked at me like I was crazy. 
  • I am sending my invites May 1st with an RSVP June 7th for my June 28th wedding.  I think that will give me enough time to call any stragglers because our headcounts are not due until the week before.  Also, our room block doesn't close until May 28th I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • missnc77missnc77 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

I'm also doing a June 6th RSVP for my June 28th wedding. Not going to send them out until the end of April.

@melbenso - Did you not have STDs to tell people about room blocks? The problem with giving people that much time is that they put it aside and then forget. Three months before your wedding is early-early!

• melbensomelbenso member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    We sent an STD with a link to our website, which included info on the room block.  But when I checked with the venue last week, other than our parents and bridal party only 4 OOT families (out of 50ish invited) had booked rooms.  I figured better safe than sorry, especially since 90% of our invited guests live more than a 2 hour drive from where we are getting married.  I'd rather they forget to return the RSVP and I have to call them than that they not have the opportunity to book a room in the block.

EDT - spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards