Michigan-Detroit

Royal Park Hotel Rochester, Conservatory Room Flip

I have the conservatory booked for a small wedding reception.  We are debating if we want the ceremony in our church or also at Royal Park.  Has anyone done both in the conservatory and had the room flipped?  I can't wrap my head around how they do it or how it will turn out.  Has anyone had the ceremony at Royal Park in another area besides the conservatory?  Just curious.

Re: Royal Park Hotel Rochester, Conservatory Room Flip

• elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I attended a relative's wedding in the Royal Park conservatory last autumn. After the ceremony, the guests were graciously ushered into the foyer hall area. There was time to go to the restroom (after a long drive to get there in the first place, that was useful!) and chat with each other and meet the new in-laws while the room was "flipped", which the staff did very efficiently. The hors d'oeuvre table was set up near the rear entrance of the room, so as guests returned to the room we were in line for that as the finishing touches were done to the table settings. The "flip" was very smooth, not at all gauche or clumsy.

The wedding took place on a gray, windy Sunday, but the freshness of the room, the windows letting in what light there was, and the beauty of the outdoor garden made it quite elegant. Altogether I thought it was a very pretty and classy setting for a small wedding.
  • I am looking at the conservatory for my reception as well.  However, I live out of state and have not been able to look at the room in person.  My guest list is around 72 and I would like to have a small space for dancing.  May I ask how many people you plan to have at your wedding?  Do you feel that the conservatory would fit 72 + dancing? Thanks!
  • I have the conservatory booked for a small wedding reception.  We are debating if we want the ceremony in our church or also at Royal Park.  Has anyone done both in the conservatory and had the room flipped?  I can't wrap my head around how they do it or how it will turn out.  Has anyone had the ceremony at Royal Park in another area besides the conservatory?  Just curious.
    I can't say as I have experience room flipping at this particular venue, however having experience working in wedding venues, the flips are usually smooth. A lot of the times the tables are already preset just squished altogether, so it doesn't take long. Also, as PP have mentioned most of the guests are so busy eating, drinking, rearranging coats, purses etc that they don't typically have any issues with the few minutes it takes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards