Rhode Island

Newport Rehearsal Dinner Timing

Hi brides!  

Just looking for a little bit of advice.  We are getting married in Newport this August and are in the process of nailing down our rehearsal dinner location.  The rehearsal dinner will be on a Thursday.  The one restaurant we love can take us for dinner at 5:00 which would make the actual rehearsal at 4:00.  The chef of restaurant told us that this is normal for all of Newport as summer is their busy season and they need the tables (understandable).  We have flexibility on the actual rehearsal time as it is in a park and it's a smaller group of 30 people max - however, Is this too early to eat dinner?  I know rehearsals are typically a little later with a 7 or 7:30 dinner time.  I just don't want to inconvenience anyone in the wedding party.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Re: Newport Rehearsal Dinner Timing

• Not only is it early, but your WP would probably have to take time off work since it's a Thursday. That's more of the issue for me than the timing. If you let everyone know dinner will be at 4,they should be able to plan ahead and have a light lunch.

We had our rehearsal dinner on a Thursday night in September with no issues regarding time. We had our dinner at the Matunuck Oyster Bar. They're not too far from Newport if you're open to other locations.
  • Ven&Radio thanks for the advice and the suggestion.  Just to clarify dinner would be at 5/5:30.  I've been to Matunuck Oyster Bar and its delicious! 
  • Our was at 6 at Sardellas. We were done by 8:30 and back at the hotel bar a few minutes later to hang with OOT guess. The timing worked well for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards