Chit Chat
Options

Shower Mixer

hlvonbhlvonb member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
So my aunt and my cousin are hosting my bridal shower. They asked me to handle the mixer game (which I am totally fine with) to make sure that the clues on there would involve everyone (FI's mom, FI's grandma, etc as well as my side of the family). They sent me a copy of a mixer that was used at another person's shower and told me I could change whatever ones I wanted. I did good with changing most of them but there's still a couple that I want to change but can't think of anything good. 

Ideas please?

I already have ones like "A dietitian" and "Not born in WI or IL" "A pastor's daughter" "Roomed with hlvonb"  etc.

I need 3 (maybe 4) more. 

Re: Shower Mixer

• Options
    Hmmm... I have never heard of this!

I would like to think of totally random things, like "8th grade spelling bee champ at Anklebiter's Elementary" or "has 25 teacups spanning 5 continents and 15 countries in her collection".

More generic ones:
    -Was anyone prom/homecoming queen?
    -Any major hobbies? (Long distance biking, quilting, etc... this might encourage interaction between groups with similar interests.)
    -A saying or phrase that someone is known for. (Maybe Great Aunt Lucy always says "fluffernutters!")
    -Who was the first person that you told about your FI?  Did anyone introduce the two of you? Bump into you on your first date?
    -Did anyone give you a recipe that's your "go to" for everything? (hlvonb got her famous jello mold recipe from this person)
    -Humorous first encounter stories? (i.e. this person's dog pantsed hlvonb at the dogpark and they have been friends ever since!)

That's all I got, good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hikebikebemerry

Thanks! Those are great ideas

The game is a good idea when having a combined shower (people from both sides who may not necessarily know all the aunts on the other person's side). It is a fun way to get them to mingle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards