Chit Chat

Stupid ankle!

Just need to whine. Yet again, I've sprained an ankle.

Background - I sprained my right ankle in November, it's healed, not sore. This is my left now. I've had a sprain at least once a year for as long as I remember. Knees and ankles mostly, wrists go out at times.

Info - I was walking from our music/library (wood floors) to the kitchen. I had on my gripper toe socks, so I had good traction. No toys - kid, dog or cat - on the floor. Light was on, not ultra bright, but comfortable reading level. My one "bad" was I left my reading glasses on vs regular, but for being inside, the shirt focal distance isn't bad unless I try to walk down steps which I didn't need to.

So, stupid me puts my foot down and roll it went. Ugh. Plus, since it was hard enough to subluxate my ankle in and up, my knee is really annoyed. Everything is taped up, been icing both joints. Getting very impressive bruising from weight on outside ankle and just hitting the ground.

Plus, our idiot ER will just poke my ankle, maybe xray which won't show anything, do a less supportive wrap and tell me to take OTC pain killers. So not worth getting dressed again, loading daughter up and going in. At least I have a little leftover Vicodin from last time, my doctor usually writes me a few extra days worth so I can start them if I do this when his office is closed.

This is why I don't wear heels. Ever.

Re: Stupid ankle!

• Oh man so sorry to hear this. I'm sorry, I hope you feel better and heal real soon :( I've never sprained an ankle, but my mom has so I saw how painful it is.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm so sorry. I hurt my ankle all the time. Knees and ankles are pretty weak from soccer and catching and I'm injury prone. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I'm another soccer player (goalie as I am crazy) plus cross country. Oddly, I did get hurt, but I actually was doing less damage than before I started playing. If the dumb joints will behave, I'm a jammer in roller Derby. I've been bruised as hell and sore, but no real injury.

But, I trip over my own toes and then hurt myself. Stupid ankle. Plus it's sore enough, I can't sleep. Grrr.
  • Oh no!  Sprained ankles are the worst, and once you've sprained a joint, they are so much easier to sprain a second time because the ligaments are damaged.  I've had two very serious ankle sprains (both left side) and one moderate on the right side.  Now I'm so much more prone to the little twists and mild sprains because of the damage already done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards