May 2014 Weddings
Options

S*%# just got real!

I mailed my invitations this morning!!!! This is really happening. I'm getting married!!!! LOL Obviously I've known I'm getting married, but for some reason dropping those invites in the mail really made it real. 

Re: S*%# just got real!

• Options
    Yes, like im doing this for real now. Theres no going back!
  • Options
    I dropped mine off this morning too!!!!
  • Options
    Haha I was saying this exact thing today because we got our marriage license!!
    I am mailing out our invites on Monday. No turning back now :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It's so exciting! I already have people texting me today telling me that they got their invites. I can't wait for the response cards to start coming back. 
  • Options
    I mailed mine out too yesterday and some people (same state) already got them! It's on!
  • Options
    I sent mine off this morning also! I was a little hesitant since the postal worker said that I shouldn't have put the return address on the back of the envelopes and they might all come back to me :(

Here's hoping they wont.
  • Options
    I sent mine off this morning also! I was a little hesitant since the postal worker said that I shouldn't have put the return address on the back of the envelopes and they might all come back to me :(

Here's hoping they wont.
    Why would they come back to you with the return address on the back. That's really weird. I've sent plenty of stuff before where I put an address label on the back and it's gotten there fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Options
    I also wanted to add that I'm glad that I did wax seals on my invitations. I've had multiple people tell me already that they thought that was awesome. FI's son called them "pimp". LOL
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I mailed my invitations this morning!!!! This is really happening. I'm getting married!!!! LOL Obviously I've known I'm getting married, but for some reason dropping those invites in the mail really made it real. 

Wait til you start getting RSVP's back...So exciting. I mailed mine out a couple weeks ago and now I rush to the mailbox every day now to see how many came.   I've gotten at least 1 everyday since they started (which was 4 days after i mailed them, not that i'm keeping track or antyhing :) ) ...I'll be so disappointed the day there isn't on waiting for me, lol!  
  • Options
    Haha, it was fairly unexciting when I mailed mine off, cause I dropped them off with all the packages that I was shipping out for FI's business.  To me it was just more shit to mail lol.  However, getting the RSVPs back and a bunch of compliments on our invites was awesome.  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    Haha, it was fairly unexciting when I mailed mine off, cause I dropped them off with all the packages that I was shipping out for FI's business.  To me it was just more shit to mail lol.  However, getting the RSVPs back and a bunch of compliments on our invites was awesome.  :)
    I definitely love the compliments, too! 
  • Options
    jenni1221 said:
    I definitely love the compliments, too! 
    I third that! I got my first RSVP's back today and I was so excited.
  • Options

I am bananas excited about receiving our RSVPs! Sent them out on 03-10, got the first one back on 03-12 & they've been rolling in ever since! Of course, the deadline is fast approaching, and we only have about half the responses in, so we'll see how many we get after that date.

My extra-fun reason for getting the responses back? We put an option to request a song on the back of the RSVPs...we have gotten some great requests. One lady at my shower last week said she'd be sending her response card soon-her husband was taking extra time to select the perfect song!

My favorite so far has been the request from FIs cousin: "something by KISS."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sent mine out early march. Maybe the lastweek of feb. Ive only gotten about 6 invites back. Kinda a bummer really. Our deadline is April 17th
  • Options
    Okay- So I dropped off my invites yesterday in the mail. Ever since than I have been so anxious and just stressed. Its not the actual marrying my FI, but I think its all the things I know I need to do between now and then. Am I alone on this one?! 

• Options
    Okay- So I dropped off my invites yesterday in the mail. Ever since than I have been so anxious and just stressed. Its not the actual marrying my FI, but I think its all the things I know I need to do between now and then. Am I alone on this one?! 

No not at all! I just told someone yesterday that I am super stressed out about all these stupid things. Of course, they gave me the standard "it won't matter on your wedding day". My response was "I know it won't matter on my wedding day, but today it matters to me"! 

Luckily I have a few people I can vent to and they help me through stuff. I've also been really trying to nail everything down now so that when the wedding day gets closer I won't have a bunch of stuff to do. 
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member

not at all!  i probably should be more stressed then I am, with all the little things left to do, but I a def concerned with getting everything done in time!  
  • Options

You're SO not alone! I think the invitations going in the mail is just a wake up call that guests are coming, and all those little details need to get DONE! Just have to keep going, one thing at a time - we'll get there!
  • Options
    I too am feeling stressed and overwhelmed as my day (May 10) is getting closer. It's the little things like favors, programs, etc...that is making me feel like I have too little time left and I have all the major things done...go figure. It seems like everyday I have to add another small thing to my to-do list lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards