Chit Chat
Options

HIMYM *spoilers*

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited April 2014 in Chit Chat
Is anyone watching the finale right now?

I'm not ready for this to be over!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: HIMYM *spoilers*

• Options
    ArtemischiefArtemischief member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I've been crying, but I cry at most things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm watching. I don't religiously watch the show, but I kind of want to see how it ends.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    It's depressing.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think it's slow going now, but Robin just walked into the bar for Ted's wedding so maybe it'll pick up for the finale.
  • Options
    No more sads, please.   Seriously WHY is it so sad??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm crying. I don't even watch this show and I AM CRYING.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    NOOOOOOO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Also sorry this is sort of a duplicate thread.  I was posting quick between commercials.

HOLY FUCK THIS IS NOT OKAY WITH ME NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sad about Mom, but FINALLY with Robin!
  • Options
    It just started here.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am happy and unsettled all at the same time.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    It just started here.

@lydausvi I will change the title to spoilers... I know we didn't give anything specific away but the conversation might reveal some stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    OMG! I love-hate the ending.
  • Options
    I'm okay with spoilers.    I had DH switch to something he likes.  He hated the show and it's a rare TV night for him.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I love-hate it too.  I think right now mostly hate.

Seriously, I have been gearing up for Robin and Barney to end up together for, like... 4 or 5 YEARS.  Now all of a sudden the Mother is DEAD and it's Ted and Robin?  WTF?

Also the writers must have planned this all along bc the kids are still young in that scene where they are talking about the Mother being dead and Ted asking out Robin.  So did they get the idea from the fan theory... or were the fans just right all along?

I really did not think they would end it this way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    They filmed the ending with the kids after the second season I think. They had to sign an agreement that they wouldn't reveal the ending.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They filmed the ending with the kids after the second season I think. They had to sign an agreement that they wouldn't reveal the ending.
    I knew they had filmed it quite a while ago... can't believe they knew it was going to end this way for so long.  

So is the spinoff going to be really depressing because we know the Mother is doomed this entire time?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I think I am less upset that the Mother is dead (we didn't really know her all that well) and more upset that Barney and Robin really don't end up together.  I liked them as a couple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    There's a spinoff?
  • Options
    The message boards are all abuzz over the ending.  Mostly negative.     

• Options
    The spinoff has an entirely new cast of characters. Not related to the ones we know and love.

Side note, Ted said the line I have been wanting him to say for years, "and that kids, is how I met your mother." Word for word, exactly what I needed to make the finale complete. That's when I officially lost it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I knew they had filmed it quite a while ago... can't believe they knew it was going to end this way for so long.  

So is the spinoff going to be really depressing because we know the Mother is doomed this entire time?
    The spin off is about a completely new set of characters. It isn't going to be about the mother.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

The spin off is about a completely new set of characters. It isn't going to be about the mother.
    I actually thought it was about the mother this whole time.  It's not?  So what relation does it have to the original to make it a spin-off?

And btw I'm still SO ANGRY.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ugh I did not like the ending. I don't think Ted and Robin should have ended up together. Also not a fan of Barney's out of left field baby.

Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed was the cockamouse siting.
  • Options
    daria24 said:
    Ugh I did not like the ending. I don't think Ted and Robin should have ended up together. Also not a fan of Barney's out of left field baby. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed was the cockamouse siting.
    That was sort of the only twist I liked.  Barney actually loves babies and I was always wondering if he and Robin would adopt.  HE AND ROBIN!  I'm still angry.

Cockamouse was the best part.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, cockamouse!
  • Options
    I have to admit I always kind of wanted Ted and Robin to end up together but now like that. I wasn't a fan of Barney and Robin. Idk. I guess I just feel bummed because we got to know the mother this season and I really liked her. She was perfect for Ted. They really cheated that character.
  • Options
    Is it overdramatic that the HIMYM finale shook the foundations of my life beliefs?  Seriously?  I mean it.  You know, that everybody is meant to be with that one special person.  Because they built up to Robin+Barney, and Ted+Tracy, that they were both meant to be together by the Universe.  And the umbrella thing?  Come on!  And then BAM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    i have no words for this.... seriously if this was planned all along what was the point of this season and all of the useless crappy filler episodes?!!?

• Options
    JaniV123 said:
    i have no words for this.... seriously if this was planned all along what was the point of this season and all of the useless crappy filler episodes?!!?
    THIS!!!!  Wtf was the point of the whole last season leading to Barney and Robin's wedding?  And Ted symbolically letting Robin go in his dream on the beach?

I'm filled with so much anger right now

Seriously, I know this isn't real life... but I invested 9 years watching this show.  And THIS?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards