Georgia-Atlanta

Outdoor, Mill, Riverfront wedding venue? CHEAP?!

Hey guys!

I had someone suggest to post in this area for my question.
But let me rant a slight bit before. My fiance and I expected to get some help from his dad, who makes a good amount of money, for the wedding but his dad wants to keep it extremely old school traditional where my parents pay for the wedding. Well, my parents can't pay for jack diddly squat because they have a hard enough time paying for themselves SO we've decided to get some help budgeting and pay for it ourselves. We are currently still in college but our wedding date, which we plan to be around April 25th 2015, will be after we graduate college or we are about to graduate. With that, we need to find a fairly cheap venue since we are unsure of what we are looking at for a budget. If it comes down to it, we will be having a wedding in someones back yard if we can't do everything.

I am looking for a place to have my wedding ceremony and reception in either the same place or close to it in Georgia. I'd like to have my ceremony outside next to a river and then an indoor reception with a rustic modern theme. One place I have found that I am going to check out this upcoming Sunday is The Mill at Yellow River. I want to bring my own cake, caterer (if I get one), DJ, etc. I also was to make all of my own decorations myself. I was curious if anyone had any places they could suggest because I am currently not finding many places online.

If you could help, that would be great! I am typing the post half asleep so if there are any questions you need to ask, please feel free to! Ha!

Re: Outdoor, Mill, Riverfront wedding venue? CHEAP?!

• The Mill @ Yellow River is very expensive! They have a $4000 F&B minimum plus their venue rental which I'm not sure of. They do not allow outside caterers at all.I would look up Roswell River Landing. They have outdoor ceremony area along the river and then an inside reception area. They are very cheap and allow outside everything. They book very fast so I would definitely look them up. We are getting married in 2015 as well because we are paying for everything ourselves and wanted a rustic/vintage theme with outdoor landscaping etc. We are booking with Indigo Falls Events to give us enough time to save and have the wedding of our dreams because they are pricey as well but definitely worth it! 
  • Indigo Falls is beautiful. There is no cost information on their website. How expensive is it? One of the places we are looking at is Kellum Valley Farm up in Cleveland GA. They are around $9000. for 100 people which includes almost everything except photography, flowers and dj.

• Indigo Falls is beautiful. There is no cost information on their website. How expensive is it? One of the places we are looking at is Kellum Valley Farm up in Cleveland GA. They are around $9000. for 100 people which includes almost everything except photography, flowers and dj.

That's how they got me! They make you come there and tour the entire property and then tell you the price. So you see how beautiful it is and have to find a way to make it work! For Friday & Sundays its $6900 and for Saturdays its $7900. It doesn't include the catering. But they include the DJ, Decor, glassware/flatware,linen. And then you have the option to use the outdoor area or their chapel for the ceremony. You can come on property as early as 8 am to get ready. They let you come the day before and set everything up or you can pay an extra $500 to have their staff do it. Its an extra $250 for the wedding coordinator. They have white,ivory,or BURLAP tablecloths! Can you tell I'm excited they had burlap tablecloths? LOL. They have lace... They have tons of decor items so you don't have spend your money on stuff that you won't use after the wedding! 
  • Thank you for all your information! I will take more venue ideas too!
  • Check out this new site in villa rica, Ga. They allow outside food, they have 2-3 rooms taht seats upto 300people. They are just off teh hwy I20W/E. You can have both ceremony and reception in the facility. They are also still runing an opening specials. They run about $6000 all inclusive, you just come in as a guest. They also have a bridal party suite for relaxing and changing. you can send an email to support@eventsunlimitedrentals.com

• Check out Indian Springs State Park!  $300  to rent the Pavilion for the day.

• stephalovelystephalovely member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    I am having my wedding at Indigo Falls this October. We are paying $9500 for everything but the food and photographer. They do offer a lot and it is hassle free.
  • Try Roswell River Landing in Roswell, Ga. We booked the place for our December wedding. It is a event space that holds up to 200 guests inside. They also have a huge outdoor space over looking the Chattahoochee River where you could hold the ceremony. Here are some pics - http://www.pinterest.com/jmfritter/roswell-river-landing/&cd=18&ved=0CF4QFjAR&usg=AFQjCNEurWxYTV6dyhRzZsYzIODlENRsSw. The venue provides tables, outdoor chair and reception chairs. There is a full kitchen and a dressing room. The rental fee is for the entire day and there are no catering restrictions... you can use any caterer of your choice. The venue does not include plates, glasses, or utensils. The space is managed by Roswell Parks and Recreation and the manager is great to work with.
  • I agree that you should check out Roswell River Landing! I am getting married there in July. There is so much flexibility and you can do whatever you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards