Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

XP: NWR: invitation woes for a sprinkle

edited April 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I am co-hosting a sprinkle for my sister. My sister designed the invitations with a photo she made. (I am not really tech savvy and needed help uploading the photo.)  She worked on the invitations and had me order them. I kind of wanted to design the wording, and told her I should be the one to take care of this. (She wanted to do it all, and insisted.)  I, now, realize the invitations don't have an RSVP date or contact information, and they have all ready shipped from the manufacturer. I want to give the guests enough time to decline or accept.  Should I include a post-it in there regarding the RSVP information, or write the RSVP info on the back of the photo paper with a marker?  Or should I give the guests one week less to RSVP and order new invitations. I am wondering which would be the most proper etiquette to fix this terrible mistake. I am really frustrated, because it looks like I don't care about her shower.  How would you fix this sprinkle debacle? 
*apologies for the small font... no idea what the hell happened here.

Re: XP: NWR: invitation woes for a sprinkle

• Options
    First of all, I think it's hilarious that (I'm guessing) your phone auto corrected "shower" to "sprinkle" repeatedly. I'm picturing ice cream sprinkles.

Anyhow, I think it's ok to write the RSVP info on the back of the card that have already been ordered.
  • Options
    Can you get to a Staples and buy some of those pre-cut business cards?  Then you can just design something simple in word (they usually have templates), stating the RSVP information and possibly any registry information.  Print and place one of those cards in with each invitation.
  • Options
    Ven&Radio said:
    First of all, I think it's hilarious that (I'm guessing) your phone auto corrected "shower" to "sprinkle" repeatedly. I'm picturing ice cream sprinkles. Anyhow, I think it's ok to write the RSVP info on the back of the card that have already been ordered.
    ??  A sprinkle is a thing...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ven&Radio no it is called a sprinkle- usually its when its a second baby. 

I agree with Olive Oils Mom, I would try to add a business card in there and design it like a separate reply card almost. I would talk to staples or vistaprint and see how fast they can ship them out. 

• Options
    Passing over the fact that your sister is being this involved in anything that's a gift-giving event for herself...

I think your best bet is to go to Staples, buy the pre-perforated business cards, print, 'Please RSVP to themuffinman16 at phone number by date.'

(Yes, I recognise the redundancy of saying 'Please RSVP.')
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

A sprinkle is what people have started calling baby showers for second kids. They are generally more casual, but still a gift giving event for a child.

I agree with adding an insert. Or, if you are worried about writing, what about printing up stickers on clear or white address labels to add to the back of the picture invitation?

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I think sprinkles are stupid.
  • Options
    I'd be worried that I'd lose the insert card before I could RSVP (stuff like that happens to me), so personally I'd prefer the info written on the back of the invitation. But I think either option would be just fine.
  • Options
    It is a smaller, more informal second shower.  That is why it is a sprinkle.  My sister didn't even want one, until her FIs family mentioned that they wanted her to have one.  Invitations are only being sent to people who expressly mentioned a desire on attending.
  • Options
    I was worried that people might lose he rsvp info if it was separate, but was afraid to add it to the card would look tacky and inconsiderate.
  • Options

I was worried that people might lose he rsvp info if it was separate, but was afraid to add it to the card would look tacky and inconsiderate.

Do you know anyone with a printer that could handle printing on the back of the invite?

Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree, printing on the back of the invite may be the best way to go. If you can't do this, maybe get a good calligraphy pen/fine tip art marker from a place like Michael's and have someone with nice writing just write it on. It can just be a simple one-liner, like 'Please contact muffinman at (phone number) to RSVP by Xdate'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards