Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Wedding but my daughter will give me away.

My father has been in and out of my life for almost 28 years.... i had a daughter who is 4 now, out of wedlock(will be 5 when we blend our families) and i decided first thing that she would walk me down the aisle.... My future husband will also be walking down the aisle with his two children 2 and 8 year old.... followed by my side of bridal party then my daughter and i. i need advice on a good song to have my daughter and i walk down aisle to, our bridal party plus future husband and step-kids will walk down to goo goo dolls "come to me" any input would be wonderful! thank you!

Re: First Wedding but my daughter will give me away.

• First of all, I think this is awesome. I walked my mom down the aisle 2 years ago and it was really emotional for both of us.

Is there a song that both of you really like? You could pick something that isn't necessarily wedding-ish if the lyrics are appropriate.

Otherwise I would recommend: Somebody Loved by The Weepies; Florence and the Machine's cover of You've Got The Love; or The Sound of You and I by Seabird. These all talk about love in a tone that is romantic but have a sound that is fairly sweet and innocent.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I would suggest an instrumental version of something - that way you won't have to worry about it timing out just perfectly, or worry about the words fitting you and your daughter or you and hubby.  Some ideas are Somewhere Over The Rainbow, or A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes, or When You Wish Upon a Star, or Imagine (Beatles) or You Are So Beautiful....

Then, during the reception, choose a fun or sweet song that you and your daughter like for a special song to dance to.....  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards