Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Uncle/Niece Dance

Hi Knotties,

So I am having my uncle walk me down the aisle and will also be doing the "father/daughter" dance with him. Long story short: father is not going to be a part of my wedding and will likely not be invited.

Originally, I had wanted to dance to "My Wish" by Rascall Flats, but my uncle is not so keen on the song. I don't think he is a big country fan.

He does not have any children, so this is a really big deal to him and he has been telling everyone how excited he is and how he needs to take dance lessons with me (make my heart melt!).

When I ask him what song he would like to dance to, he says he isn't sure. He thinks we should dance to something upbeat and happy (which I think is a great idea because my uncle is such a positive person). So, any suggestions? He is a big rock and roll fan, but I am not too familiar with the genre. I am having dinner with him this weekend and would like to have a few songs to suggest to him. I appreciate any and all ideas! The only thing I should add is that we are not having anything religious in our wedding, so I would tend to stray away from that genre.

Thank you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Uncle/Niece Dance

• Here's a few from a list I've been compiling ... these are all a little different.  Remember, just pick a song you both like and that you can dance to!

Devoted to You by The Everly Brothers, Dream a Little Dream of Me by Mama Cass, Forever Young by Rod Stewart    (slow & mid tempo versions) , God Only Knows by The Beach Boys, I Love To See You Smile by Randy Newman, Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel, When I See You Smile by Bad English, Peaceful, Easy Feelin’ by The Eagles, True Colors by Phil Collins, What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, Whenever I See Your Smiling Face by James Taylor (mid tempo), or The Rainbow Connection     Kermit the Frog (J)   or     Kenny Loggins     or     Jason Mraz

• Those are some awesome suggestions! Thank you so much!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards