Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair for strapless dress question

I may have asked this before ( a while ago) but I can't find it so I am not sure.

Anyway, I have a strapless wedding dress and was wondering if it would be fine for me to do 1/2 up and 1/2 down and curled? I normally wear my hair straight down (weekends) or up in a ponytail (for work) so it's not a "common" hairstyle for me.

Re: Hair for strapless dress question

• Options
    What month is the wedding and is it inside or outside? Only because I have seen several brides with this hairstyle but it was summer and warm out and that made the curls just fall flat and limp after an hour. If it's humid or your going to be sweating it's really not a good look. But if the whole thing will be in A/C or winter then I say go for it. 

• Options
    My friend had a half up style and before the ceremony even started her beautiful curls were starting to fall.  By the reception the curls had disappeared and the whole thing just looked 'sad'.  

I would make sure to do a trial for this and have it done in the late morning or around lunch time (or whenever you think you will need to get your hair done for your wedding day) and then go about your business.  See what it looks like after a few hours because that is what it will look like after a few hours on your wedding day.

• Options
    Thanks @Maggie0829.

@jenna8984  it's in July but inside
  • Options
    I'm curious about this, too. My hair is naturally straight and left untouched when it comes to styling. Mine's in June and inside, too,  but I've been wondering about this. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    My friends was in late April and inside as well, but she took pictures outside and just the weight of her hair and the passing of time just caused it to fall.  She had "everyday hair" while wearing a gorgeous gown.  Didn't really look right.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    If you do a trial and find that your hair can hold a curl, then I think half-up half-down would look nice with a strapless dress.  Examples:
    imageimage
  • Options
    doeydo I freaking love your posts. They always have pictures of examples. I've seen the first pic before on Pinterest and always loved it. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards