Attire & Accessories Forum

Did you use a clutch? Is it even necessary?

I'm thinking anything I bring to a wedding (camera, phone) I won't need on me at my own wedding. It's always good to have ID and health insurance card for emergencies which I'm thinking FI can put in his pocket or my mom can put in her purse. I'm not a makeup person so I won't have like lipstick to reapply. Was there anything else you feel like you needed a clutch for?

Re: Did you use a clutch? Is it even necessary?

• I really don't think there is anything you need a clutch for at your own wedding. Where Im from its common for the bridal party to go bar hopping in between ceremony and reception.(While the other guests are traveling to the reception and having cocktail hour. Weird I know) So if that's the case I might have one to carry my ID and some money just in case but that's the only thing I can think of.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was going to have a clutch but it was catching on my wedding dress so I handed it to my sister and that ended up being amazing. (She was totally willing to hold it for me) She had my clutch and all that I had in it was kleenex and my vows and speech. (I should have probably brought my phone just for the limo ride over I could have called a couple of people to let them know we were running late/almost there) but anyway, she carried it for me and I just had to ask her whenever I needed a tissue and she handed me my speech and my vows at the right times and kept track of it for me. I'd recommend having someone very close to you hold some items for you in their purse or even carry your clutch for you. (Like your maid of honour)
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I plan on having one, that i'm sure i will just give to someone to hold for me until we are at the reception and i have a place to leave it.  I prefer to be carrying stuff like my license a credit card, phone phone, etc.  

• Anything I brought with me (got dressed at the venue) was placed in one of the suites and left there. I never once went back for anything nor did I feel the need to have anything with me throughout the night.

• I had a clutch that held my phone, lipstick, gloss, and DL...but it stayed in the storage room until I left for the night. It was only $5.00, and it's one I should be able to carry again so I don't feel bad for buying it. 
  • I actually spent a ton of time making a clutch for my wedding. I only used it briefly to reapply lipstick and blot my face.
  • I have a clutch, but I also have a chapstick addiction and I need to re-apply it like every 15 minutes and I will need somewhere to keep that. I'm just going to have someone put it on my seat at the venue though and leave it there. I don't plan on carrying it down the aisle or anything.
  • I needs my Chapstick! So I have to figure out somewhere to put that. Probably in FI's pocket.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought of this too but my mom said she'd hold onto everything I need since she will be around me most of the day. My FI smokes and it irritates I can go into massive coughing fits even from the smell of it so I need to have my puffer on hand, along with any other little things.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I got so busy I forgot to switch over from my everyday purse to my clutch. Things in the morning didn't go exactley as planned so we ran short. In fact we ended up with both of our cars at the reception hall (we left one & got it the next morning). We got the hall & I just put it under the table by my seat & no one even noticed. Glad I didn't spend money on it, my mom was loaning me an old clutch of hers (one of my borrowed items)
  • I won't bother with a clutch since I'll have an entire garment bag to stuff with things I think I'll need but probably won't! Although even if I didn't, I'd consider taking deodorant with me since I'm getting married outdoors in the summer. I'll have sunblock in our bathroom baskets, but I'd be skeeved to use communal deodorant!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @camiselene Is he trying to quit? That sounds pretty serious for you to deal with forever

• @jenna8984 He wants to quit, and has taken the first step towards quitting but it's tough for him because he works in an industry where everyone else around him smokes.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• @camiselene That's good that he wants to! Same with my fiance, he smoked a pack a day since he was 13 and he works with truck drivers and mechanics so all the guys are smoking all day. It's been a year since he quit and he still complains that he wants them.

• @jenna8984 Mine too! It's been a pack a day since 15 (so over ten years) and he works with tradesmen (iron workers, riggers, miners, millwrights, etc.). It is a constant battle for him.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards