Canada-Ontario
Options

Menu Cards...how to place them?

Hi Ladies,

So I was thinking of putting menu cards per person at each table. I really like the look of having menus tucked into the napkin. We have a set menu so people are not going to be choosing what they want to eat.

I know this seems like a waste but I know the other idea is to put one per table. I don't really want to buy 16 picture frames then have to bother selling them after. I've looking around at the dollar store for those easel stand and there's nothing there I like. 
I have a girl designing the menus and then I can just print it off on an
 8.5x 11 side by side and I would just cut it in the middle. I am taking it to a printing place who will provide the cardstock as well. I was thinking of doing it at home but the cost of ink and then buy the paper, labour seems to me would be the same price if not more. 

So I guess my question is if you have other ideas how to place the menus at the tables? Is this too much to have them per place setting. I'm mostly doing it for presentation...Lol, I know no one will really care... Am I the only bride that's done this before?

Re: Menu Cards...how to place them?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ikea sells double sided frames for $1 each, you could put the menu on one side and anything you want on the other - another menu, the table number, a pic of you & your FI.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30151035

I'm using these for my table numbers. 

But I'm also putting a menu at each place setting, so don't feel bad if that's what you want to do!
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had them at every place setting, I personally prefer it. I don't really like sitting at a banquet table and having to reach to see the menu. Not overkill IMO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went the frames route - I got white frames from Ikea for less than $2 each, and I gave a few away with wedding pictures in them to friends and have a few in my house.  

I do, however, love the look of a menu in contrasting colour tucked into a napkin - go for it!
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are double sided printing ours...

Our table numbers are actually names of places FI and I have travelled together.  So, on one side is a picture of us in that place and the name of it, on the other side the menu.. so, one per table.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards