Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brother/Sister Dance

My father has passed away and my brother will be the one walking me down the aisle.

To replace the father/daughter dance, my brother and I will be dancing together.  My dad was a HUGE Elvis fan and I would like to find a song of his to dance to.  Only problem is, most of them are very lovey dovey and I'm not sure that's the most appropriate/not awkward to dance to, with my brother.

Any suggestions would be great!  THANKS!

Re: Brother/Sister Dance

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    What was your dad's favorite Elvis song?  That fact would make it appropriate.  

Have you considered Memories?  How about The Wonder of You, or If I Can Dream?
    (I don't think anyone will be taking all of the lyrics seriously - the main lyric and the feel of the song and the reason for choosing an Elvis song are all more important.)  

And if a slow song will be too sad, maybe consider something a little more lighthearted.  You and your brother will enjoy a smile thinking about Dad and your special day...  something like Devil in Disguise  :-)

And remember too, you could always begin the dance with your brother, and then invite everyone to join in in honor of your dad ... so in that case any song would work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards