May 2014 Weddings
Options

High Expectations

So FI and I are having a small wedding (35 people), but we like nice things so it's going to be pretty fancy even though it's small. With the wedding so close I'm stressing about all kinds of stupid things, but other people are making me stress out so much more. I want my wedding to be perfect, but I know that's not realistic. People keep saying things to me like "we can't wait to come to your wedding and see how beautiful everything will be" and "this is going to be the nicest wedding I've gone too". One of my friends even called it "the wedding of the decade". They're putting a lot of stress on me to make sure that everything is super awesome. Are any of you guys getting this kind of pressure from people to have the perfect wedding?

Re: High Expectations

• Options
    Lds..thats polygamy related? No judgement here really, but I can tottaly understand how people may be treating you. The general population can be very rude and judgemental to things they dont really understand. It would stress me out too shrekspeare. If thats what your talking about anyway. I cant say ice gotten any feedback at all really. But im not striving for the most fancy or perfect weddinh. Im a very realistic person and I tend to downplay everything so I wont be hurt or suprised if it doesnt turn out well
  • Options
    I have a ton of pressure, but it's mostly from myself. My family and Fi's family are all accustomed to LDS typical weddings-ceremony in the temple, cake and punch reception at the local church gym-so I'm stressing really hard trying to make sure my wedding will be super nice. I'm already hardcore judged and I don't want my wedding to be one of those things that's included.
    Yeah I definitely put enough pressure on myself that I don't need it from other people. LOL I don't think they are doing it intentionally and they are probably just excited, but I don't want to let anyone down.
  • Options
    I gotcha. Still I can imagine people who dontknow any better bring very judgmental. I hope everything works in your favor!
  • Options
    A little late to the party here, but I feel exactly the same as you, @tammym1001 . Sometimes, I feel as though you and I are having mirrored weddings haha

• Options
    A little late to the party here, but I feel exactly the same as you, @tammym1001 . Sometimes, I feel as though you and I are having mirrored weddings haha
    Yeah I've noticed that too. LOL We will have awesome weddings! (no pressure though)
  • Options
    Yes..but mine is coming from a very bad place....(well one small motivation)! I want everything to be "perfectly" right for a usual bride reason BUT the other reason is my mother! As old as I am (47) she can still get to me. Her original suggestion was to have it in a vfw and tell everyone to bring a plate! The reason: because I was married before and don't/can't do all the "normal" wedding things! Early in planning, every time I updated her, she would gasp! "You are not doing that...you cant do this...you will never succeed at that...how could you expect....you can't afford that....blah blah!" At first, it hurt and confused me....(then I found the knot and 2nd weddings conversations), Oh who am I kidding, it still hurts even though I stopped updating a long time ago!

So...the ugly in me wants to show her that it can and will be beautiful...and I can do/have it all.  Truth is....no matter what....it will be beautiful because I am marrying the man I love, and that is having it all.

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    OMG, we have 4 weddings this year and ours is first! It's like 4 wedding competition and while I love chatting about what the girls are doing, I feel there is so much pressure to be amazing!
  • Options
    @Iluzzi0923 us too! We have several cousins getting married this summer, but ours is first. I'm sort of glad, that way we won't be comparing our wedding to theirs. I'm not too worried about high expectations. I think our wedding is in a unique but beautiful location and there will be so many personal touches, so I'm hoping people will notice those things and not the fact that we don't have chiavari chairs or a plated dinner. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards