Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

#hashtag

Is anyone doing a hashtag for the wedding weekend?  I found some really cute signs on etsy, but they would more for the ceremony.  Since everyone is traveling and we have the bachtelorette/bachelor parties, I'm thinking it would be fun to have one for the weekend.  

Any good ideas for hastags and ways to get the word out?
We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: #hashtag

• Options
    Valeriecruz82Valeriecruz82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    I am. Not sure what # we will be using. Where did you go to get ideas?
    I was just planning on texting everyone letting them know what # to use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I think keep it simple #lastnamewedding. There are also apps that you can download for your event so people can share that way
  • Options
    yeah hisis last name is pretty common and I found a hashtag with #lastnamewedding already in use. I want something simple and easy to remember. I'm on IG now checking for hashtags lol
  • Options
    yeah we're using a hashtag, we're using #jimma2014 (jimma is a combination of our names that one of our close friends always refers to us by). We have been hoarding it around facebook and instagram to get it in the minds of our guests, we have put it in the pre-welcome packs and will have it on a couple of posters at the Vegas wedding and our home reception - really hoping we can collect an awesome summary of photos and moments from our celebration using the hashtag!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    we might use #lastnamesdoitinvegas  haha or something like that
  • Options
    sorry this might be a dumb question.... but i'm not sure what you need the hashtag for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    when people post on facebook, instagram or twitter they will use the hashtag, then when the weekend is over we can search on the hashtag and see all the pictures and status updates all in one place.  kind of like an online album that everyone can contribute to
  • Options
    oh gotcha, i'm not on instagram or twitter, just facebook. I'll just post our pics on facebook 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using #cerutiwedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahhhh I just check Instagram for that hostage and someone else used it after me! Lol same wedding date! Crazy time to start blowing it up so she changes it haha so mean
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i think i saw that on Four Weddings, it looked really cool!
  • Options
    We just got a glitter banner ordered with our hashtag on it for the reception. I will be encouraging people to use it for all their pics.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    So the # I originally wanted was #lastnamewedding2014 but there's already 3 posts with that # should I still use it or pick another?
  • Options
    What about #lastnamewedding14 or #2014lastnamewedding just play with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ohh good idea mo!! You have thee best brain haha
  • Options
    Ooohhh you could do #lastnamewedding53 for 05/03 :-) all my brain is doing is wedding stuff. Im useless at anything else right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    2014 in front is available!! Thank you Mo! I worry about the smallest things now lol
  • Options
    we are using 53 at the end...

#lastnamesdovegas53

I can't wait!  I wanted to post it today and say, 'one month until #lastnamesdovegas53 !' , but my FI thinks we'll hurt people's feelings that weren't invited.  sooner or later they are going to realize they weren't invited!  
  • Options
    Lol @ktbabe I agree I think most people know by now if they were invited or not. I think I might put it on my fb just to give people a heads up on it then remind them again
  • Options
    kern2014 said:
    We are definitely doing a hash tag wedding:) I think the behind the scenes pictures is sooo cool to capture and promote. #theJJwedding

I came across a cool service that works with #. It displays images and messages LIVE at your reception as well. They even have a option where people can post by email, so social media isn't required. 

Pretty cheap and a original/cool idea. If anyone has any experiences with these guys let me know, its called Social Wedding Wall. <deleted>
    @KnotPorscha, vendor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards