Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Tasting

So we booked our venue about 8 months ago and our wedding is in 6 months. I reached out to my venue to set up a tasting so we can figure out what we want now to take 1 thing off the list. After talking to the venue they told me to tell them what I wanted to taste... I guess this through me for a loop because I have only been to a hand full of weddings and was expecting them to give me a list of items to pick from. So now I am hoping everyone on the knot can help me. We are expecting about 125 guest and having a buffet style. These are the only guidelines my venue gave me : chicken and steak and a vegetarian...sides can be potatoes-scalloped or mashed and rice plus vegetables-usually a mixture of seasonal.

Thank you so much :)

Re: Tasting

• Options
    @jco619

Do you have to pick between the chicken and stake or do you get both?

I personally would go with one of the potatoes over the rice. 
  • Options
    We get 1 chicken 1 beef 1 vegetarian and I agree with potato over rice too.
  • Options
    Well since you are having buffet can't you have both the rice and the potatoes?  That way people can pick and choose what they want.

But for potatoes I would choose mashed over scalloped.

So they didn't give you a list of options for each meat/veggie dish?  That is odd.

I would call them back and ask them to recommend their most popular dishes for chicken, steak, and veggie and then kind of go from there.

• Options
    I agree with @Maggie0829 that the mashed would be better choice than the scalloped but I still say either one would be better than the rice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards