New Jersey
Options

Should I include directions to the venue with the invitations?

The venue provides a template for us to print but no actual enclosure cards. I'm wondering if it's worth including them with the invite since most people have GPS or internet nowendays?

Re: Should I include directions to the venue with the invitations?

• Options
    I did not. To be honest, I didn't even include the address of the church on the invite (had church name and "reception to immediately follow at" all on one invite, so no enclosure.)  (But, we did put the name of the city below the church and reception location)

This worked for us cause about 98% of our guests were local and the name of the church and the name of the reception are the only by that name in each city. 

If the locations are hard to find, unknown, or a bit more obscure, then directions would help. If it is a well known place or your guests are from the area, then you don't need to be bothered with the additional project.

To be honest, I don't ever use them when I receive them cause I will use either GPS or my phone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I agree with @sewinlove. No need to put directions to a place if people are local or it's not obscure. If you have a website, maybe put more direction details there. 
  • Options
    Just put the address and they should be able to find directions themselves.  Most of the time even with directions included people still mapquest or put the address in the GPS so it goes directly from their house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I don't think think you need to include the directions.  Just the address should be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I don't think you need to include directions. Just be sure to ask your church and venue if their mailing address is the same as their gps address. I was a guest at a wedding once and had a painful experience trying to find it because the gps address was actually several blocks away.
  • Options
    i think it will depend on your guest list. I never use them myself, because I always use GPS, but more than half of my wedding guests will be OOT guests and aren't familiar at all with the area. We're putting direction cards for the church, hotel, and venue in our invites. I agree with PPs though, if most of your guests are from the area, are younger, or know how to use GPSs, I don't think it's necessary to include.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards