Chit Chat
Options

Oh, the horror!

I'm researching bridal shops near me and found <<this one>> that carries the brand I'm interested in and has great reviews.  But oh the horror.... their entire website is in Comic Sans!  I really think I can never trust them on style or taste after seeing this website.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Oh, the horror!

• Options
    OMFG.

I couldn't trust them again. I couldn't. I just couldn't.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I would run so fast.  Nothing undermines credibility like Comic Sans.

(You should totally still use them though if they are well-reviewed.  I'm sure they are just not tech-saavy.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Noooooo!
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahah!!! 

But seriously, if reviews are indeed good, go get your dream gown! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I see this a lot.  It's not something I ever really thought about.  Can someone explain all the hate on Comic Sans?

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014

I'm very judgey when it comes to businesses' websites. It's kind of like their first impression to customers.

I'm even more judgmental when they use Comic Sans, and honestly, I've said "NOPE" to a lot of vendors who use Comic Sans on their website. Sorry not sorry.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Ew. Why does bridals have an apostrophe?

You know what I never get? I managed to create a weebly wedding site that looks 10 times better than this one in an hour, and I wasn't even trying to sell anything to anyone.
  • Options
    @JCBride2014 - Thanks.  That does it explain it well.  Again, I never really thought about it, but I can totally see how juvenile it is when put like that.

I have a few co-workers that use it as their font in our IM program.  I will probably side-eye them now.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards