Chit Chat

passive-aggressive note!

This beauty was posted in my office building's shared lounge area:

Things I feel snarky about:

- Neither "micro" nor "micro wave" are correct uses of the word microwave.

- The microwave could be "out of business," or "out of business suite 105." Or both. Don't even get me started on that weird comma.

- Who is this "text" person I should not wait for?

- If you don't use the microwave, and it belongs to you, then just take it home FFS.

I also like how the door was left open, the cleaning product was left out, and paper towels were left everywhere to further their point. I don't use the microwave either (and if I did I would normally clean up afterwards), but is it bad that I'm now tempted to use it to heat up some uncovered tomato sauce? 

Yeah, that would be too evil.

Re: passive-aggressive note!

• pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    jules3964 said:

This beauty was posted in my office building's shared lounge area:

Things I feel snarky about:

- Neither "micro" nor "micro wave" are correct uses of the word microwave.

- The microwave could be "out of business," or "out of business suite 105." Or both. Don't even get me started on that weird comma.

- Who is this "text" person I should not wait for?

- If you don't use the microwave, and it belongs to you, then just take it home FFS.

I also like how the door was left open, the cleaning product was left out, and paper towels were left everywhere to further their point. I don't use the microwave either (and if I did I would normally clean up afterwards), but is it bad that I'm now tempted to use it to heat up some uncovered tomato sauce? 

Yeah, that would be too evil.
    The Microwave at every job I've ever had is nasty. Sup I understand the temptation to write the passive aggressive note. People are disgusting.

But also agree with what you said.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh sure, I'm not denying it probably needed to be cleaned. I just think if it bothers this person so much, who doesn't use it, then they should probably just take it home. Also, this is the third note of this kind I have seen.

I guess I also just find passive-aggressive notes entertaining.
  • www.passiveagressivenotes.com. 

You should submit this. 
  • That note is all kinds of ridiculous! And who is this "text" person, is that their job title? Do they just text all day? 

Seriously, do people not proofread things they write before hanging them up for all to see?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Jesus, it's not even a well-written passive aggressive note.  I would correct the grammar with red pen and leave it there.

In fact, can you please do that?
    Hahah I soooo want to do this. But I'm afraid I'll get caught!
  • ScoutF said:
    www.passiveagressivenotes.com. 

You should submit this. 
    I could probably waste the whole day laughing at the notes on that site. Seriously awesome.
  • I don't know, I would probably write that note. People need to know to pick up after themselves. Any microwave I have ever used that wasn't mine looked like they cooked people in there. If you pick up after yourself, that note is not intended for you, but for the millions of people who think someone else should do it... that note is for them.  I would clean a microwave after me, even if the office had a cleaning lady... I am that person that makes hotel beds and picks up everything because I don't want to the cleaning staff to judge me. Lol
  • @ScoutF my page-a-day calendar last year was from that site...it was a good year!

@grumbledore and @jules3964 I have actually done that before. I think PA notes are usually pretty funny (and they're usually about things that piss me off too), but I cannot take them seriously if they're poorly written. I've corrected 3 so far without being caught...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Guys! My co-worker just informed me that the above posted note is actually the *second* version, and that the first version was taped underneath it. This person had TWO chances to get it right! 

This is my Friday office entertainment.

• Omg. Passive Aggressive note FAIL. 
  • @TwoDimes -- I thought that too at first, but then I realized which suite was 105. It's a small office and just a few women work there, all of whom are definitely native English speakers. Unless whoever wrote this doesn't actually work in 105 (which would be a weird thing to lie about), that's not the case.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Seriously, I don't even know what they are trying to say. Mind = boggled.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Oh darn. I was kind of hoping that it would turn out to be the passive aggressive note left on our building's door this morning, because then it would mean that I live in the same building as another TK bride!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • oh I'm an idiot, just got that "TEXT PERSON" meant "next person"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh I'm an idiot, just got that "TEXT PERSON" meant "next person"
    All the more reason to proofread your passive-aggressive note so that you can send an effective and clear message to the wrongdoers. 

Passive-Aggressive Note Writing 101.
  • We had one left on the fridge after someone froze a can of coke then put it in the fridge.  It exploded all over one of the managers and she had to clean it up.  She used proper spelling and punctuation though.  I was reading a safety sign posted in the break room (because I get bored).  The subject is ladders.  Apparently they "mail fail" if the rungs are broken or bent.  Every one of our stores is supposed to have this sign posted above the sink in the break room this month and I really hope I'm not the only person to notice this.
  • That's like the episode of The Office where Pam leaves the note.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards