Massachusetts-Boston

Tented ceremony & reception site for May wedding

We are looking for a venue in the Boston area that offers a tented reception that will accomodate ~130 people.  We're open to pretty much anything (have checked out Fruitlands, Bradley Estate, etc.), but we'd like to keep the cost low and we don't really care about "frills."  All I need is a tent and a nice setting. 

We'd prefer to bring in our own food and booze as well.  

Suggestions welcome.  Not too far from the Boston area, but we're willing to travel ~30-45 minutes.  We're also South Shore lovers if there's anything there you can think of.

Thanks!

Re: Tented ceremony & reception site for May wedding

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked in the local vendors tab?

You can put in price restrictions and it will pull up a list in your budget and will have a list of ammenities included whether outside catering is allowed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think you can bring in your own food and booze but a beautiful location is Apple Hill Farm in Leominster. I went to a wedding there once and it was nice but not overdone.
    http://www.applehillcc.com/
  • leighj84leighj84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pierce House
    Codman Estate
    Endicott House
    Stevens Estate
  • marshallramarshallra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to set up your own tent you can rent the field at the South Shore Science Center in Norwell they are very inexpensive and accommodating and have rest rooms and a kitchen for carefree to use Also the commandants house in Watertown was very reasonable- and their tent was already there with a lovely brick patio. You can also put up a tent at the Winslow house in Marshfield or behind Old Derby Academy in Hingham.
  • edited December 2011
    The Endicott Estate in Dedham
  • edited December 2011
    Glen Magna in Danvers Ma is really nice. I have done several weddings there. I really dont think you will find a venue that will allow your own alcahol  because of licence and insurence problems and most will have spasific caterers they use. Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  These are some great suggestions.  I will check them all out!
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Willowdale Estate

The town of Topfield allows you to bring in your own booze.  You could look at places there.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards