Getting in Shape
Options

CrossFit Primal?

Has anyone used this program? I bought a LivingSocial deal back in October and it expires at the end of February, so I need to actually use it. Just curious to see anyone else's experiences with it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: CrossFit Primal?

• Options
    i've never even heard of it.  Since it's  a LivingSocial, is it just a local thing for you in Iowa?
  • Options
    Primal is just the name of the box, I think.

CrossFit is awesome, and if it wasn't so darned expensive, I would sign up in a second.  I wish I could get a deal for the box in my city.

Here is a great blog post from a fitness blogger on starting CrossFit http://www.brie-fit.com/2011/09/on-being-a-crossfit-newbie/

She's got TONS of CrossFit entries. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_crossfit-primal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8f636428-3baa-4976-8c1f-27b7dac602afPost:cc17d245-4b73-47b9-b133-77402b0d6733">Re: CrossFit Primal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i've never even heard of it.  Since it's  a LivingSocial, is it just a local thing for you in Iowa?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I don't think so. I read a blog of a woman who lives in Boston and takes CrossFit classes. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_crossfit-primal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8f636428-3baa-4976-8c1f-27b7dac602afPost:810579de-7c41-44a6-a431-3bf54e2a06a2">Re: CrossFit Primal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CrossFit Primal? : No, I don't think so. I read a blog of a woman who lives in Boston and takes CrossFit classes. 
    Posted by ehenry010[/QUOTE]

i know Crossfit.  i was referring to having the primal added.
  • Options
    Well, cool.  Glad I could help.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_crossfit-primal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8f636428-3baa-4976-8c1f-27b7dac602afPost:098358ed-bcc0-477c-91bb-a6cf99c13890">Re: CrossFit Primal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, cool.  Glad I could help.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, thank you!</div>
  • Options
    Haha, sorry I didn't mean to be a brat, it just seemed like you didn't see my post.  And I may be a little jealous that you got a LS deal for it.  Maybe just a little.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_crossfit-primal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8f636428-3baa-4976-8c1f-27b7dac602afPost:b46f866d-f31e-4d4e-9164-675c33af9419">Re: CrossFit Primal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, sorry I didn't mean to be a brat, it just seemed like you didn't see my post.  And I may be a little jealous that you got a LS deal for it.  Maybe just a little.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>You didn't seem like a brat, I read your post and the blog post as well.</div>
  • Options
    Oh, well I was being a brat.  I'll admit it ;)  Will you come back and let us know how you like it?

• Options
    Yes, absolutely. I am taking the fundamentals class (required for each new member) on Jan. 8 and then I will start actual classes on Jan. 9. I'm excited and a little scared.
  • Options
    I got the livingsocial deal too and I really wanted to sign up but I couldn't believe the price after the deal ended. I eat primal, so I always read about CrossFit work outs. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    OK... Crossfit is the program
    The deal will be with an affiliate (or a franchise location) of the overall Crossfit "empire".  We call them a "box"... not a gym.

Here's my review of Crossfit... UM YEAH!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

I've been crossfitting for a year and am in the best shape of my life.  I've put on muscle, lost body fat, I am smaller, leaner, faster, stringer, and all around better.  the workouts are like an endorphine rush and I am completely addicted!

Now here's a word of warning not all boxes (gyms) are created equal.  Because it is an affiliate, and not a franchise, each gym can opperate fairly independently.  It's the "culture" and "philosiphy" of fitness that binds us together as a community.  If you end up liking it... go to other boxes in your area, if there are some, see what you like and don't like, and then decide on one to go with longer term.

Also, Crossfit is a culture and a community, not just a gym.  Outsiders, and evern insiders, joke about drinking the Kool-Aid.  And it's true... there is a saying in Crossfit that the greatest change happens "between the ears."

It's not for everyone... but try it.  I love it!!!

BTW... as an example of results.
    I'm 5'9", a size 4-6, 155 lbs with a 34" bust, 27" waist and 39" hips.
    I can do the following because of Crossfit versus where I started a year ago:
    • Squat 200+ lbs... started at 135
    • 5-10 pullups without dropping off a bar... I could barely do 3 on the machine with 115 lbs of assistance
    • Deadlift of 255... 205 was my initial
    • 6:15 mile time... 7:56 was my fastest previously
    • I have lost 0... yes 0 lbs (I'm putting on muscle)
    • I have lost app 10% body fat
    Its the most amazing thing I have ever done for MYSELF!

Counting Down the Days... Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards