May 2014 Weddings

Reception Music

My DJ just emailed us saying we need to book our final appointment with them!

Before that we need to finish picking out some music so i'm hoping you ladies can help.  I feel like i'm having a total brain fart and can't think of anything...

We need songs for the following:

-Cake cutting
-Bouquet toss
-Garter removal
-Garter toss
-Applying the garter
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Reception Music

• If applying the garter means having the man who caught the garter put it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet, for the love of God, PLEASE skip it. Seriously.
  • Im doing cyndi lauper girls just wanna have for the bouquet toss. Sorry thats all I got so far!
  • Feel free to steal any of our choices ^_^

-Cake cutting Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard (FI's favorite song)
    -Bouquet toss - Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crue
    -Garter removal - I wanna Kiss you all Over - Exile (this is an inside joke between FI and I. If you've ever seen Happy Gilmour, it's the song he sings through the speaker at the beginning of the movie)
    -Garter toss - Big Pimpin - Jay-Z
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

we are not doing any garter/bouquet toss, so i have no suggesions there.

Cake cutting- we might use plain white t's -1,2,3,4

• We are also not doing the bouquet or garter toss (FI and I are some of the last hold outs in our group, and calling out the single people to the dance floor would not only be embarrassing, but a little mean too).  As far as the cake cutting song goes, FI and I are still trying to figure it out...I wanted the Gummy Bear song.  I saw it as a suggestion on a website, and thought it was brilliant.  FI has given a flat no on it.  So we are where you are on that one too.  But I would do a search for common songs for each thing.  Maybe something will either inspire another song, or you'll like one of their suggestions. 
    Anniversary
  • We are not doing garter toss or bouquet toss. We are doing a cake cutting though and we decided right away that we want to stay away from any song that has the words sweet, sugar, buttercup, or whatever. Nothing wrong with those we just thought it would be a little cliche. So, we are using L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards