Chit Chat
Options

impatiently counting down!

I still have 4.5 months to go until the wedding day, and I am so impatient! All the big details are done, and I really just have small details to do, which I can't do until closer to the wedding date, so I'm really just twiddling my thumbs at this point. I'm very excited for the day! I just want it to BE HERE; I want to start my life with my husband!

Any other ladies feel this way? What are you doing to distract yourselves?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: impatiently counting down!

• Options
    I still have 4.5 months to go until the wedding day, and I am so impatient! All the big details are done, and I really just have small details to do, which I can't do until closer to the wedding date, so I'm really just twiddling my thumbs at this point. I'm very excited for the day! I just want it to BE HERE; I want to start my life with my husband!

Any other ladies feel this way? What are you doing to distract yourselves?
    At one point during our engagement, I turned to my husband and said, 'I love you, but if I had to do this all over again, we would NOT have had a 10-month-long engagement.'

I finished the big details early, then had only the smaller, closer-to-day-of details to worry about, and I was also READY to start our married lives together.

(Also, being repeatedly asked, 'How's wedding planning going?' by people I didn't know very well or weren't planning to invite to the wedding was really frustrating.)

Take this time and enjoy it. You'll never have this period of time again in your life. Take up a hobby, make a reading list, do something to keep busy. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Yep, our engagement was 7 months and that was about 3 months too long. We just threw ourselves into non-wedding activities like going out with friends and house projects. The time really did fly by.
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    I feel ya. We have been engaged since 12/1 and still have 5 months to go until the wedding and both of us are like, "ugh, let's just get married already!"  I am very impatient and I'm just ready to be married. I'm super, super excited for the wedding but there are days where I think to myself "we could've already been married if we just had a really small ceremony or went to the JOP..."

I know the wait will be worth it, I just hate having to wait to be married when that's all I want!
    Anniversary

• Options
    We got engaged on 11/24 and the wedding is 12/27 this year. I'm so impatient

• Options
    I've been engaged since August 2012. My wedding is in 53 days. I'm pretty sure I'm past impatient and ready to get it over with so we can enjoy our vacation.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Oh wow.  We had a 22 month engagement and the whole time, everything just flew by.  Now we are down to just a little over a week and I'm ready for it to be over!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    My FSIL and her FI got engaged 12/25/08 and are getting married 10/11/14. 6 year engagement...I couldn't do it. That makes me feel bad about being impatient lol

• Options
    Yeah, I hear you! We've been engaged since August and we still have a little less than 6 months to go. We have all the big vendors booked so at this point it's all dieting, haha!
  • Options
    I was there ! only a 10 month engagement and at the 4-6 month mark I just wanted the day to happen already... and then it was there before I knew it!  All the "fun" stuff is about to happen-- and the last 3 months will fly by!  I am sitting here now starting to plan our 1 year anniversary!   Enjoy it.  Enjoy some fun time not talking about and having to plan the wedding.  Do what you did before you were engaged and what you will do once the wedding is over. Enjoy a date night, a girls night and a quiet evening home with your fiance.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Haha, I have no sympathy.  Dating 11 years, 2.5 year engagement here.  We have a little more than a year to go.

Finances got in the way for us.  Chose to postpone and host the wedding we want.  But sometimes I definitely think, we could have done a small ceremony and be married already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    daaang, yeah now i feel guilty about being impatient. the future hubs and i have been engaged unofficially since august and officially (with my mom's blessing) since october. i can't imagine having a longer engagement. but, then again, i've always been ready for the next thing. that why i was born premature. hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    anm2nanm2n member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am very impatient. My FI and I don't live together and we are waiting. We have 63 days to go, and everything that we can do is done. We got engaged at the end of August, so about a 9 month engagement for us. If I were to do it over, we'd have gotten married in 5 or 6.
  • Options
    We have been engaged since July of 2012. We have three weeks left.
    When we hit the 4 month mark it became super frustrating because we couldnt do any more planning until invitations went out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    We're date twins!  And yes, I am incredibly impatient for the day to get here (to be fair, I'm impatient with everything)!  After we've been together since November 2007 and engaged since April of last year, I'm just anxious!  Everything is essentially done and with all this extra time, I keep just double checking everything thinking I've missed something, even though I know I haven't.  We have a lot going on between now and the wedding so I'm sure time will fly by!

• Options
    Oh my goodness yes...and it looks like we have the same wedding day! Eeeeek! How will we wait so looooonnnngggg??
  • Options
    We have been engaged since June 2012 and will be getting married this October and I am sssoooo ready to get married right now, ha! The only reason I have even been able to even remotely wait this long is because I have been pursuing my degree, which I will be getting this May. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards