Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Jimmy Choo Caitlin kitten heel, 40EU (9.5 US), HELP!!

Hey ladies, I am having the most stressful time finding my wedding shoes.  My fiance is barely taller than me and I really want a tiny kitten heel.  I was trying hard to find something budget-friendly but looked ALL OVER and really came up short, and when I saw the Jimmy Choo Caitlin, which is a beautiful sparkly silvery peep-toe kitten heel pump, I knew that even though it was wayyyyyy more than I hoped to spend, it was THE shoe for me.  The local Jimmy Choo store only had it in red patent leather, which just won't do.... but I know I wear a 40 (US 9.5).

I was thrilled to see it online at Nordstrom, Saks, and Neiman Marcus...... only to try to purchase from each sight and find that, much to my dismay, it's either sold out or back-ordered thru July or on "pre-order" for July......  The only place I saw it was one website I'd never heard of before.  And then I got to thinking -- maybe there's a bride out there who wore this shoe and is willing to lend it to me?  (Or sell it...)  Long shot, I know, but I figure any recent bride knows the difficulty of finding a wedding shoe and would sympathize with me....  And though most ladies might not want to part with their wedding shoe, maybe they wouldn't mind lending it to me on my special day?  I'm in the NYC area.

Re: Jimmy Choo Caitlin kitten heel, 40EU (9.5 US), HELP!!

• Options
    Hey ladies, I am having the most stressful time finding my wedding shoes.  My fiance is barely taller than me and I really want a tiny kitten heel.  I was trying hard to find something budget-friendly but looked ALL OVER and really came up short, and when I saw the Jimmy Choo Caitlin, which is a beautiful sparkly silvery peep-toe kitten heel pump, I knew that even though it was wayyyyyy more than I hoped to spend, it was THE shoe for me.  The local Jimmy Choo store only had it in red patent leather, which just won't do.... but I know I wear a 40 (US 9.5).

I was thrilled to see it online at Nordstrom, Saks, and Neiman Marcus...... only to try to purchase from each sight and find that, much to my dismay, it's either sold out or back-ordered thru July or on "pre-order" for July......  The only place I saw it was one website I'd never heard of before.  And then I got to thinking -- maybe there's a bride out there who wore this shoe and is willing to lend it to me?  (Or sell it...)  Long shot, I know, but I figure any recent bride knows the difficulty of finding a wedding shoe and would sympathize with me....  And though most ladies might not want to part with their wedding shoe, maybe they wouldn't mind lending it to me on my special day?  I'm in the NYC area.
    Because of their generous return policies, you might want to order the shoe anyway.  I fell in love with a dress at Nordstrom (online) and it also said it was "not currently available".  I ordered it anyway.  Believe it or not, that dress showed up on my doorstep 6 weeks later.  
  • Options
    Thank you both for your replies.  CMGragain, I had scoured zappos up and down, left and right, but for some reason didn't come across a few of the ones you posted.  The Nine West Illumie in metallic silver could be a good option, I think I'll order a pair to hold onto for good measure.

mobkaz, that's an interesting idea. It's just that when my wedding is only 8 weeks away, the uncertainty would be so stressful.  But I guess as long as my backup options have the same heel height, so that it wouldn't affect hemming of my gown (which I'm going for my first appt in a week and a half), then it doesn't hurt to have the possibility that this pair would arrive at the last minute and I could swap them out.

I'm still scouring the internet, posting on craiglist, etc.  I really fell in love with that particular pair of shoes!
  • Options
    Did you try the red ones on to check size? It's unclear above. My Choos are 2 sizes larges than my normal shoes.
  • Options
    According to the reviews, the Nine West Illume runs small.  You might want to order a 10.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I did try on the red patent to check size, thanks :)
  • Options
    Have you tried calling customer service at Nordstrom?  Often something may be sold out online but they will have it in stock in one of their stores and ship it to you for free.  You could try the same thing with the other dept stores that have it on their website.
  • Options
    Hi, I just wanted to share that I, too am a 9.5 and got both pairs of my bridal shoes at DSW... Ivory beaded for the ceremony at the DSW in the city on 14th and a purple pair for the reception at the DSW in Rockaway (the one in Willowbrook is good too). Both were by chance when I wasn't seriously looking; every time I was near the store I'd go in just to see. If you can't find the Choos try DSW. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards