California-Northern
Options

Yosemite Wedding

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding in Yosemite?  We are thinking of having our ceremony and reception at the Ahwahnee Hotel.  Any advice would be helpful and appreciated! Thank you! :)

Re: Yosemite Wedding

• Options
    I did not see a wedding there, but my husband and I just visited Yosemite with our B/SIL earlier this fall and we went to the Ahwahnee one day for happy hour to get away from the normal camping scene.  The hotel was super nice and SIL and I mentioned how beautiful weddings must be there.  I think the cost per night is pricey, but you can sometimes find good deals on tripadvisor and places like that (although sometimes dates are limited).  BUT guests would always have the option of camping or "glamping" (they have the nice tent like cabins with beds and bathrooms) as options too if they did not want to stay at the hotel.  All in all it would be fun, but guests are pretty much obligated to make a weekend out of it (which would be fun in my opinion, just might not jive for everyone).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Have you considered having the ceremony in the chapel and the reception at the Ahwahnee? Either way, you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    Hi Julie! We were thinking of having the ceremony and reception at the Ahwahnee.  The last time we visited Yosemite, we ate dinner there and it was amazing!
  • Options
    Just went to wedding last month at Evergreen Lodge. Lovely wedding! Food was great. I'm also considering to have my wedding in Yosemite. Ahwahnee would be a dream but way too expensive for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards