Flowers
Options

Michaels vs. Afloral.com

For those of you who have purchased silk flowers and made bouquets, do you recommend Michaels store or afloral.com? I'm trying to figure out prices/quality. I haven't been to Michaels and their prices are not listed online. So I'm curious how much I'm looking at to spend there!

Re: Michaels vs. Afloral.com

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't comment on a comparison between the 2, but I used to work at Michaels and can tell you that if you shop the sales & watch the seasonal clearances closely, you can get great stuff for 50-90% off and wont have to pay any shipping. For example, in mid summer they will clearance all of the summer flowers and start getting in the fall (I remember stocking Christmas in Aug). If you watch the clearance, you will be able to get bags and bags of flowers for like $20. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thanks so much! I'll have to start looking for the coupons/sales flyers!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally recommend Michaels. I like seeing exactly what I'm getting, and you can definitely get a good deal if you wait for sales/ save their coupons.

I just bought a ton of flowers for my centerpieces (see bio!) and got them buy one get one free. They were $4.99 per stem which is only a dollar more than with Afloral for the flower I was getting. Plus, Afloral has shipping of at least $8.95.

HTH!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It might depend a little bit on the type of flowers you want too. Afloral has a really large selection and if you are shopping clearanced flowers or sales at Micheals you may not have as many flowers to choose from.
    Also, I ordered my flowers through afloral and was very happy with the quality. =)
  • Options
    I love how Afloral.com has such a wide variety of products. Michael's has some good stuff, too, but they really don't have a huge variety of flowers to choose from.  Afloral.com has a ton of different flowers available all the time, and have also started carrying a bunch of wedding decorations and vases so that I can order everything from one place.  
    I signed up for their email newsletter to get coupons as soon as they come in.  They also have deals on Fridays if you are their Facebook friend.
  • Options
    I've found the selection at the Michael's near me varies a lot. There's one on my way home from work, and one closer to my house, and the one has a much better selection.

I like the Real Touch selection much more from Hobby Lobby, so am using their flowers for bouquets. However, right now Michael's is having a big floral sale and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use their hydrangeas as part of my centerpieces. The stems I got to sample were between $2.50 and $5 on sale (and daisies were only $0.75 each!). Definitely worth checking out if there's one near you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards