Attire & Accessories Forum

Brides Beware - Allure Bridal's Poor Manufacturing

I ordered my Allure gown back in October for my June 23rd wedding. I ordered from a reputable shop and through a bridal consultant there that is highly recommend on the Knot. The dress had to be ordered custom due to my height and to insure the lace at the bottom was not ruined due to hemming.  It arrived in early February and the bridal shop called me to tell me they were sending it back because, they had made it from two different dye lots and the top was a  noticeably different color from the bottom.  Allure assured them the new one would arrive by April 20th.  I received a call from the shop today. My dress arrived, however, they are having to send it back yet again due to the sash being sewn through the top of the dress and the pleats in the sash have been sewned in two different directions.  It is two months from my wedding and I don't have a dress!!!! 

I do not blame my bridal shop. They have done everything right and have bent over backwards to provide good customer service. They are even extending an extra discount on my bridesmaids dresses. In fact, they are dropping Allure after their summer weddings due to the crappy workmanship in the dresses and the fact that they have had to send back several dresses several times. The one bridal consultant's daughter's dress had to be sent back 3 times before Allure got it right.

I looked up Allure's HQ number and called their customer service to complain. I thought they should know that A. I wasn't happy, B. That they needed to do something to make this right (maybe refund me and the shop the extra money paid for the custom order) and C. let them know they were killing this nice small business's reputation with their cruddy work and business practices.  Now Get This.... They wouldn't speak to me because I wasn't a bridal shop that was their direct customer. 

Brides, think twice before ordering an Allure Bridal Gown!  Save yourself the heartache, anxiety and frustration and go with another designer!

Re: Brides Beware - Allure Bridal's Poor Manufacturing

• Thank you SO much for posting this number!! I called and am hoping to get some resolution to a horribly made dress myself!!! NOT what any of us should have to be dealing with weeks before our wedding!!! Thanks again!
  • edited September 2012
    I am also having to have my Allure dress completely gutted/repaired due to crappy manufacturing/poor customer service.

#1 My dress was to be recieved Aug 3, did not recieve it until 3 weeks later even though Allure told my dress shop they were two day air shipping my dress. We also paid the extra fee for a rush when ordered 5 months earlier.

#2 My dress's entire bodice was lopsided creating rolls underneath my breasts. The entire inside of my dress had to be cut down the middle, lace on the front removed and replaced by hand, and cups adjusted.

#3 They sent me the wrong sash. It is pictured and was ordered to have a black sash, they sent ivory.

While my consultant at the shop I purchased from contacted them, they said they would allow me to send my dress back and have them fix it...however my wedding is October 8 and I am not willing to risk getting it back so close to my wedding while other alterations still need to be done. Basically, I am SOOL as well and eating the cost.

I posted on their FAQ section on their facebook wall to have customer service's direct number. It was promptly deleted. WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN
    Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart

TTC since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 TWINS!
    D&C 2/15/13@ 12 weeks TRAP sequence
  • Can someone provide the number for Allure customer service, please?: I received a dress that looks nothing like the one I tried on. The straps are lopsided and the material is completely different - heavier, thicker and with strings hanging off it.
  • Oh wow, thank you all for this post. I will have to think twice about going back to order the gown I fell in love with, which is Allure. I went to a small boutique in my hometown, and absolutely fell in love with this dress....veil, tears, tissues and all....I haven't ordered yet bc our wedding isn't until 2016, and I want to see what else will come about between now and then.... This will definitely help me to shy away from Allure styles. Such a shame, their gowns look so beautiful in the stores and online.
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    LarraO2530 there are many brides who have ordered from Allure and have not had issues with them.  Not saying they haven't had some gowns that haven't had mistakes.

@merbear1980 - have you asked the store where you ordered your dress for contact information for Allure?

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards