Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

outdoor wedding venues

Send me suggestions for outdoor wedding venues in the Philadelphia suburbs please.  Low costs please.

Re: outdoor wedding venues

• Options
    not sure of a price but : morris arboretum.

are you looking for the whole thing being outside or just ceremony.  Keep in mind that in Philly area, weather can be unpredictable.  My ceremony was outside and I was depressed whole week before because they were predicting rain.  Just make sure the place you choose has inside option.  (mine had this option but I still was hoping we wouldn't use it.  Luckily it didn't rain)
  • Options
    Cairnwood Estate. Beautiful outside options, with equally beautiful inside backup options. I also had rain and humidity the whole week before the wedding and didn't care because I was just as happy with the inside option as the outside one. (We lucked out, the day was gorgeous.) 
  • Options
    Absolutely have to check out the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown - it is the ideal place for an outside wedding.  There are even a couple different locations on site where you can have the ceremony.  If you look up images you will see what I am talking about.  And for pictures, there are several different cool, unique spots to utilize.

Besides being a beautiful venue with great character, the other benefit is that the catering is done there by Jeffery Miller who we are realizing is amazing.  Our planner that they provide has been great and we recently went to the food tasting and were blown away.  They make everything homemade which is not often the case believe it or not.  I can go on and on but just do yourself a favor and check it out.  As I am sure you can tell, we are very excited about finding it and just want to pass it on the way it was passed on to us.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    The American Swedish History Museum is a great outdoor option- really unique.  It's actually located in South Philly right across from the stadiums.  I know you said Philly suburbs, but it's really conveniently located as far as transportation and nearby hotels.  Definitely not as expensive or frustrating as it would be if it were a little closer to Center City.  We booked there because of the diverse outdoor spaces which are available at this location.  The building itself is very beautiful and interesting architecturally, with a beautiful staircase leading to a dramatic entrance.  The entire surrounding lawn space is open, in addition to it being on Fairmount Park space.  If you've ever been to the lakes (FDR Park), then you know you're just steps away from the waterfront.  If you're looking for something different, I would definitely check this out!  It also found the venue fee to be about $1000 less than most of the venues in the Philadelphia area :)
  • Options
    Valley Green Inn!! It's a great option and very affordable. It's pretty rustic, so I'm not sure what look you are going for. Cake and centerpieces are included in the cost!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards