Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations

I have not had any luck finding the proper way to address an invitation or does it matter? Is it suppose to be

1. Mr. & Mrs. John Smith or

2. Mr. & Mrs. John and Ashley Smith

Thanks!

Re: Invitations

• I have not had any luck finding the proper way to address an invitation or does it matter? Is it suppose to be

Thanks!

First one.
  • Neither!  Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, unless you know they prefer something else,
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thank you! If they have kids do I put Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and Family?
  • Thank you! If they have kids do I put Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and Family?
    You can, but that would leave you open to them also bringing their parents, siblings, siblings-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews, because they are also "family."

The safest thing to do is to list each of the children by name.  Anyone over 18 should receive their own invitation, together with their SOs if they have, and not be invited on their parents'.
  • Oh my! My FI has 9 siblings some with five or six kids :) Thank you, this has been very helpful.
  • I have not had any luck finding the proper way to address an invitation or does it matter? Is it suppose to be

Thanks!

How is that even possible?  I typed in Google "how to address a wedding invitation" and the top resources, such as crane and emily post, popped up immediately.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards