Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation and inserts

I can't seem to find the answer.. I know that they need to "match", but is the reception card supposed to be on the exact same paper as the invitation?  What about the other inserts?  I'm DIY'ing this and using rising museum board for the invitations (very thick, going to letterpress and edge paint).  Not sure if I can use a cardstock of more typical thickness for the reception, rsvp card etc.. it seems totally weird to have everything be so thick, but also kind of weird to have everything else on different paper.  Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation and inserts

• Options
    I think it would be fine to use something a bit more simple for your inserts.  They aren't nearly as important as your invite.  As long as you use the same fonts and same color paper/designs then you should be okay.

• Options
    The reception card as well?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The reception card as well?
    Yup.  The invite should be the "wow" factor so to speak and the rest is really just extra need to know information.  And typically from what I have seen from invites that I have gotten.  The reception cards are small and only include the name of the venue and address.  Nothing super special.

• Options
    I agree with @Maggie0829.  I think as long as they have the same look, you should be perfectly fine with having thinner paper. The invite itself is the star of the show.  The rest of them just need to coordinate.

• Options
    carliealissacarliealissa member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

Cool, thanks!  I read somewhere that the reception card should be the same, it's an invitation in its own right, and that started me spinning :)

Edit: removed apostrophe, gah!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards