Not Engaged Yet
Options

Opinions, please and thank you

I need opinions/ideas for my hairpiece for the wedding.  I don't want to wear a traditional veil and I like birdcage veils but I don't want anything covering any part of my face.  I bought a lace headband that I had planned on wearing and some French netting, so I thought about adding the french netting to the headband to make it look kind of like a birdcage veil...I just want my headband  to look a little more bridal. I've also thought about scrapping the lace headband idea and making a flower headband/hair piece with netting.  Here are some pictures I found when Google-ing ideas. What do you ladies think? Have any other ideas?

imageimageimage

Anniversary

Re: Opinions, please and thank you

• Options
    I think those looks are really pretty! I love the 1st and 3rd one the most.

Anniversary

• Options
    I love the idea!  I don't really like that middle pic you posted, but the other two are lovely!
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, ladies.  I think I'm leaning towards the first one...I just have to figure out how to do it with my headband.  My headband is all lace and ties in the back with ribbon, so I may have to cut some of it and attach it to a regular headband.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I prefer the third one, personally.
  • Options
    Definitely agree with PPs. Love the first and last one. I think it's a really cool, alternative idea to the traditional veil.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love the 1st and the 3rd the most! They are all really beautiful though!
  • Options
    I LOVE this idea. 

@LaPeanut1018 - I adore that headband SO MUCH. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I LOVE the first one. @severmilli12 do you have a picture of the headband that your originally bought?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I love this idea!! The first one is my favorite. I second requests for pics of the headband you bought
  • Options
    labrolabro member

@severmilli12 I agree with you. I think it might be easier to pull of that look with a stiff headband rather than one that you tie in the back. I don't think you'll get the same look with just a ribbon.

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited April 2014
    @buddysmom80 @mbross3 this is my headband. I'd have to figure out how to make it similar to the first picture :\

I have a really pretty fabric flower that i didn't end up using on my sash that matches. I could incorporate into if i had to. I need to play around with some ideas.

Anniversary

• Options
    I really like the headband one.  i think it will be very flattering and it will not get in the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@severmilli12 I agree with you. I think it might be easier to pull of that look with a stiff headband rather than one that you tie in the back. I don't think you'll get the same look with just a ribbon.

@lapeanut1018 yeah, I'm definitely going to have to cut it and switch it to a regular headband to get a similar look. Now that I've been thinking more about it, it might be easier in general to switch it to a hard headband because I worry it will slip and I'll be messing with it all night with the ribbon :\
    Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 if I were you I would switch to a hard headband (huh huh huh I said hard) and you could attach some French netting to give it the effect of the first look.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 & @severmilli12 - I propose that one of you offer up your headband as a "Something Borrowed" when some others of us around here get married. I mean, it's just an idea. :-D

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    The 3rd is my fav!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I really love that first one, although they are really pretty, so I think it's a great idea! You'll definitely have to come back and show us the finish product!

• Options
    Well I guess I know what my wedding project this weekend will be :)

@goldenpenguin I like your idea :)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards