July 2013 Weddings

cake question

Sooo...all this talk about cake made me think...do I REALLY have to pick what everyone else likes or can I go with my favorite? Ive always been a huge fan of anything orange and chocolate. So my front runner is a chocolate almond cake with an orange zest and/ or marmalade type filling. Does this sound nummy nummy to anyone else or just me?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: cake question

• That sounds yummy to me! We are totally going with what WE like, not what we think anyone else will particularly like. I hate to be "that" bride, but it is OUR wedding after all. :) 
  • In Response to Re:cake question:[QUOTE]That sounds yummy to me! We are totally going with what WE like, not what we think anyone else will particularly like. I hate to be quot;thatquot; bride, but it is OUR wedding after all. :nbsp; Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

Well said! I know most people dont eat cake anyways so..... to heck with 'em! Oh and I checked our menu options, turns out its orange curd....whatever that is.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Are you able to have multiple flavors? We're doing a popular cake as our biggest tier, and then getting more "out there" as the tiers are smaller.

A friend who got married had a bunch of cupcakes - her flavors were fantastic. She has pineapple upside down, shirley temple, strawberry, red velvet, chocolate, vanilla, and I'm sure many more! So if you aren't commited to cake, cupcakes are a fantastic idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Ditto CleverThought, we're going to do at least two flavors. Both of the cake bakers I met with said I could do multiple flavors (with 100 servings they suggested 4 at the most). I know I wouldn't eat a chocolate almond cake so personally I suggest adding a more traditional flavor as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly, even if you go with plain ol vanilla or chocolate, you're still not going to please everybody. If you only get to choose one or two flavors, choose flavors that you and your FI like!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That does sound yummy!!! I agree, even with the plain flavors not everyone will be happy. My dad hates chocolate, my sister hates white cake. So we are choosing what we thought was yummy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Thanks for your input everyone! We decided to go with the original choice as the bottom tier and white cake with buttercream filing for the middle tier. If someone wants a different flavor they can trade haha

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am definitely doing what I (and FI) want!  I said FI and I want cheesecake and both my mom and FMIL were like... well maybe you can have cheesecake for the two of you and have a cake for everyone else.  My aunt backed me up, though and said "this is YOUR wedding!  You get to do what YOU want!"  If they don't want cheesecake, then they don't have to eat it!  I'm not a fan of normal cake anyway, unless it's amazingly good cake.  I always ask for ice cream or ice cream cake for my birthday.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:cake question:[QUOTE]I am definitely doing what I and FI want!nbsp; I said FI and I want cheesecake and both my mom and FMIL were like... well maybe you can have cheesecake for the two of you and have a cake for everyone else.nbsp; My aunt backed me up, though and said quot;this is YOUR wedding!nbsp; You get to do what YOU want!quot;nbsp; If they don't want cheesecake, then they don't have to eat it!nbsp; I'm not a fan of normal cake anyway, unless it's amazingly good cake.nbsp; I always ask for ice cream or ice cream cake for my birthday. Posted by emmyroo[/QUOTE]

I would eat cheesecake everyday if it wouldnt go straight to my dupa lol

Can I come to your wedding? It sounds delish

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards