Luxury Weddings

Who has done a Disney Resort Wedding?

Hello folks!

I was hoping if any brides or grooms out there could tell me about his or her Disney wedding.  I am seriously considering getting married in the Magical Kingdom (California Park), but I would like to talk it over with other soon-to-be married folks also tying the knot there.  I am so excited to get married to my best friend, but I gotta be honest, picking a venue is tricky.  Any insider knowledge on this venue would be helpful.  

Thanks!
Stephanie

Re: Who has done a Disney Resort Wedding?

• I recommend posting this on the Orlando local boards or the destination wedding boards.

• I agree with Jells. the only thing I have heard is taht Disney has a ton of restrictions and they are not very flexible with times, meal choices, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you're looking for Disneyland Cali, I'd go on the SoCal message boards. I live in Orlando and have worked for/with Disney, so I know a lot about it but have not gotten married there. You can PM me if you have any questions (though idk if DL is different than WDW), and while they have their set menus and times, they typically make sure everything goes off without a hitch. I would also suggest going to the DW board as many of the weddings that take place at Disney are DW related. 

imageimage

• Oops! Totally missed the California part! As @shannonmaya suggested. check out the SoCal boards. I'm sure it is different between the two.

• Fairyjen1Fairyjen1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
         We are getting married at Disneyland resort. We are doing the small wedding package, but had gotten a contract for their larger one before deciding to do immediate family only. PM me and I'll send you all of the information they send me and I may be able to answer some questions. 

Also there is a Facebook page called Disneyland Brides specifically for couples having their wedding at Disneyland. It's been and extremely helpful resource. 

Disneywedding.com is disney's official wedding website. You can go there for more information. Everyone I have worked with has been extremely helpful. I found them to be surprisingly affordable. 

Edited to include  - This is for the California Resort in October. 
  • There are definitely a ton of restrictions to get married actually in the park.  First the cost to rent the venue Magic Kingdom Park is $75,000 for the Florida park.  That included JUST the rental fee (this is a luxury board so I assume that price is fine).  My sister is getting married at Disneyworld in may and had first inquired about a Magic Kingdom Ceremony.  The other restriction is that you must have a ceremony after park hours.  Meaning typically before the 9am start time and after the 9pm park close time.  They do not want guests to see you in your dress as it ruins the "disney princess" experience they have going on.  So you can have your ceremony very early in the morning or late at night but you will most likely need to have your reception elsewhere unless it is at night.  The other restriction is that the park will make your guests use exclusive private disney transportation to get you in and out of the park quickly using backstage areas.  My sister is having a dessert party after her reception in EPCOT and this is what they do.  It is up to you but honestly it's more of a hassle to get married physically in the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle than it is in a designated banquet room at the Disney resort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •      This information is for the California resort, where I'm getting married. 

The 'In Park' Weddings have more restrictions than the hotel weddings. You can have the hotel weddings any day, anytime except holidays. The In-park weddings are before or after park closing during the off season. Each hotel has several venue's to choose from. If you do their larger Wishes wedding packages you have more options as far as food and venue's go.

We are doing a hotel wedding in October at wither Disney's  Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel. It will be at 11:30 with a lunch reception. We are doing an escape wedding Package (20 or less including bride or groom) and everything except photography is included for $5k (even tax and service fees!). At Disneyland in CA you don't need to use the in-park transportation as the whole resort is far smaller than in FL. The hotels, both parks and downtown Disney are all within walking distance of each other. 

They have recently added an Escape wedding package (again 20 or less including bride and groom) that is available for in parks. The information I was sent from Disney says you can now get married in the park, during regular park hours, for 15k. This includes everything AND the photographer. Your ceremony is only 30 minutes in one of the parks then your reception will still be at one of the hotels. This is a fairly new package for Disney and has only been offered starting last month.  

If you would like me to forward you the PDF files they sent me PM me your e-mail address. Or you can contact Disney wedding yourself. They are more than helpful and friendly! They didn't even blink when we decided to downsize from a wishes to an escape wedding. 
  • Danger+ZoneDanger+Zone member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been married IN Disney or know anyone that has, but my SO works for a company that Disney hired, doing sound engineering. He's done plenty of weddings. If you have any more technical questions, he might be able to answer them. 

The one thing I DO know is what's already been said. Disney definitely lacks flexibility.
  • We are not getting married in the park but we are using the Disneyland hotel Garden for the ceremony and their Sleeping Beauty pavilion for the reception this June. My whole experience with them has been great and they are truly accommodating with your needs. 

We first contracted with them in October for the small 20 people wedding but then had to change to a bigger (50 max room) then a bigger one (120 max)  after that. Our coordinator was awesome helping us and our constant changes, which other venues would not be so helpful. Their menus are great and you can definitely change it to what you want as long as you meet your minimums. 
  • catlady14 said:
    We are not getting married in the park but we are using the Disneyland hotel Garden for the ceremony and their Sleeping Beauty pavilion for the reception this June. My whole experience with them has been great and they are truly accommodating with your needs. 

We first contracted with them in October for the small 20 people wedding but then had to change to a bigger (50 max room) then a bigger one (120 max)  after that. Our coordinator was awesome helping us and our constant changes, which other venues would not be so helpful. Their menus are great and you can definitely change it to what you want as long as you meet your minimums. 
    @catlady14 are you on the Disneyland Brides group on Facebook? I am and just wondering if I knew you from over there. If not you should come join us. There's a lot of useful Disney specific information over there. 

I'm getting married at the Grand Californian Parkview Terrace and the Brisas courtyard for our wedding in October. I am sending over the contract and deposit today!

• Fairyjen1 

I was not aware of the FB page, but I will definitely check it out!

How  exciting! I remember turning in the contract ( and the many changes after that) made it official that our Disney wedding was happening. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards