Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Dumb question..but...

vmj23vmj23 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I am in the middle of writing thank yous for the shower - how should I word one to my fiancée's aunts? One of them I have only met once and she wasn't at the shower, but sent a gift.  Do I start with Aunt "name"  or just use her first name?     Should I sigh both mine and my fiancée's name on the cards, even if the shower was just us girls?  

And is it okay to put "looking forward to seeing you at the wedding" if we haven't received an rsvp back yet from the person, but at the shower she said she'd see us at the wedding, so I am assuming they are coming?

Re: Dumb question..but...

• Options
    She isn't really your aunt until after you are married, so I would address her as Mrs. Jones.  Sign your own name.  "We hope to see you at the wedding," is better.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Unless she specifically said "Call me Aunt Josephine; you're part of the family now!", I would not call her Aunt Josephine.  I would address her as Mrs. Jones.  I would sign it with only my name, unless the card she gave you attached to the gift was addressed to both you and your FI.  I like the phrase "We hope to see you at the wedding" that CMGragain recommended 
  • Options
    I agree with doeydo.  I do not call any of H's Aunts "Aunt So and So" cause that is just weird to me. They are not my Aunts just like his Mom is not my Mom so I just call them by their first names.

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

thanks!

yes, def seems weird to refer to them as aunt.  She signed the card aunt,  but it was made out to both of us. 

• Options
    I wouldn't say Aunt so-and-so but wouldn't say Mrs. Jones either. I would probably use just her first name. I agree I would say "hope to see you at the wedding". Since the card was for both of you I think you should sign both of your names.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards