New York-New York City

Bridal Gowns/Bridesmaids Dresses Shopping NYC

With so many stores in the city, I'm not sure how to narrow down where to go. For my dress, I'm looking for lace and backless with a budget of $3k and we haven't decided on style for my bridesmaids besides floor length in navy blue and under $300. Are there any stores that cater more to that style and price range? Did anyone have any great experiences at a store? 

Thanks!

Re: Bridal Gowns/Bridesmaids Dresses Shopping NYC

• CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    The Lovely Bride, the Wedding Atelier and Designer Loft all have a lot of styles under $3k and the service is generally good.  If you want really budget, you could try RK Bridal (more of a warehouse style store).  Places with most dresses higher than that price (i.e. don't bother going: Saks bridal salon, Amsale, Mark Ingram, Gabriella, Bridal Reflections).  There's also Kleinfeld's.  Though the majority of their dresses are above $3k, because they have such a large selection, they will have a decent number of styles under $3k for you to try on.  The service there isn't as personalized though, it's more like a cattle call.

BM dresses under $300 gives you a lot of options.  I went to Bella Bridesmaids in midtown where we got Amsale dresses.  One of the styles my sister chose was above $300 but they were having a trunk show so we got 15% off.  They have many styles by nice designers.  If you want more budget, you can try RK Bridal or Here Comes the Bridesmaid.

ETA: for BM dresses, also check out j.crew, nordstrom, and bloomingdale's websites--some of the floor length dresses may be above $300 but they frequently have coupons/sales.
  • thanks for the tips, cat lady!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards