Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Wedding night - hotel or home?

Hey guys,

My FI and I will be leaving for our honeymoon the day after the wedding. I'm trying to decide if we should get a nice hotel room for our wedding night, or go back to our apartment? I'm having a hard time justifying the expense it would be for a nice hotel room (even though it's in the budget), but I also can't envision going back home (only to leave again the next day). Thoughts?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding night - hotel or home?

• Options

How far is your apartment from the airport? If you have an early flight out and a long drive to the airport it might be nice to stay at a hotel at the airport.

We are leaving 2 days after our wedding so we didn't see the point in spending money on the hotel. We will go home for the two nights in between. I really don't think the ambiance is going to be any different wherever you are so I'd go more with convenience.

• Options
    That's a good point. The venue, airport, and our apartment are all within 15 minutes of each other so I'm not too worried about timing. I guess logistics would be a bit trickier - i.e. we'll have to remember to bring our luggage/passports/etc. with us if we stay at a hotel.

• Options
    In your case, I'd stay at home. Then you don't have to worry about packing a hotel bag on top of your honeymoon bag.
  • Options
    I would go back home (I always sleep better in my own bed anyways).  That way you won't have to worry about bringing everything with you on your wedding day.  And also, if you forgot anything you won't have to run back home to get it before heading to the airport.

• Options
    I'm another vote for staying at home. The only reason we're doing a hotel room is because other wise we'd be sleeping in separate bedrooms at my parents' house... lol perks of living 8 hrs from my wedding. That being said, the night after our wedding, we'll be sleeping in separate beds. No biggy, we're used to it when visiting my family... we don't really want to try and share a twin bed ;)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Our home is about 15 minutes from the airport and it didn't make any sense for use to spend a night in a hotel unless it was right at the airport (which aren't wedding night quality).  Even though we had to leave the house at 5:00 am it was worth it to be home for the night (our reception ended at 4:00 and we were home by about 5:30) and unload the car, pack the last minute things and try to get to bed early.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options

We were planning to go home, but then my mom went ahead and booked the beautiful penthouse suite at the hotel where we have one of our room blocks for the girls to get ready in on Saturday, and i would really like to get some pictures in there with FI after the wedding, so we decided to use it.  We're not leaving immediately for the honeymoon, and the hotel, wedding venue, and our condo are all within a 4 block radius of each other.  Basically it will just be easier for us to get to the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning now.

My sister and her FI are acutally going to stay at my condo that night to care for our pets since we won't be there.  :-)

• Options
    Thanks everyone, for the input!

• Options
    I think it really depends on where you feel most comfortable. You probably want a good nights' rest before your honeymoon, so if you have trouble sleeping in a hotel room spending the night at home might be best.

FI and I are going to get a hotel room because neither of us wants to stress out about making sure our place is clean and tidy for the wedding night (and for me, a messy room just totally kills the mood) - whenever I pack for a trip it looks like my closet exploded. I'll probably forget something and have to stop by my apartment, but that's nbd since I live nearby.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Another vote for staying at home. Then you can leave your dress there and his outfit (if it's a rental make sure to arrange for someone to pick it up & return it for you or have him even change at venue to give to a GM to take back with theirs). Then you can relax and head to the airport when you need to. Then you don't have to deal with suitcases until the next day.

• Options
    H and I would have stayed at our house if we had gotten married where we live. But, we got married elsewhere so we stayed at a hotel. The hotel was really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards