Attire & Accessories Forum

Something blue shoes- but my colors aren't blue. Does this matter? Has anyone else done this?

I really like the idea of my shoes being my "something blue" but my colors are eggplant and ivory, with red roses (the only thing red).  My dress is a ball gown and you wouldn't be able to see my shoes.  I've seen people do different colored shoes or blue shoes but they usually match their colors in some way.  Has anyone done this where the blue wasn't part of your colors?  My maid of honor thinks I'm crazy because it "doesn't match". 

Re: Something blue shoes- but my colors aren't blue. Does this matter? Has anyone else done this?

• Yes, I did this. No one saw my shoes, so it was fine. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I don't think it's a big deal. I guess the question is how much does it bother YOU? It doesn't matter what your MOH or anyone else thinks about your shoes. But if it's really going to bother you about the color not matching, or if you're going to seriously worry about what everyone is thinking of your not-matching shoes (the horror! ;) ) then maybe you should rethink your idea.

Personally, I think it's a great way of having your "something blue" without having to wear blue jewelry or hairpins or anything like that but still have something that is technically visible.

• Not a big deal and have heard/seen brides do this a lot.  I actually considered doing this and my colors were purple and lime green.

• I am considering doing this myself.

Anniversary
  • I'm really not a fan of blue shoes with a white/ivory gown, but that's just my personal preference. Wear whatever you are comfortable and confident in!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My fiancee is wearing blue shoes. Our bridal party is wearing purple. We're not putting a lot of focus on our "colors" though. All of our flowers and linens are white so it's not like the whole wedding is purple.

I say do what you want!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I don't see a problem with blue shoes at all! A lot of brides go crazy & unique with their shoe choices. (Uggs, cowboy boots, etc). No one sees them, and you get to be happy with your choice, for whatever reason you chose your shoes. I'd say go for it! 

*J
  • I love doing blue shoes! I'm doing them myself.  Our colors happen to be blue, but I'd be wearing them even if it wasn't my color.  

After all, no one says you should wear "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something that matches your color scheme" ;)

• Go for it! I'm doing hot pink shoes because I already own them and they are the most comfy pair of heels I have. Besides, they're super cute! It doesn't matter what others think/say, rock whatever shoes you like and feel comfortable in....
    bremnerschmitz said:
    After all, no one says you should wear "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something that matches your color scheme" ;)

• I think this is a cute idea. It is also really common among brides I've been friends with when their dress is long enough to cover their shoes. I do know a couple of people who thought that was so crazy and a weird trend and that your shoes should match your dress. These are the same people who had other opinions that in my view came across as 'dated'. 

Even though I like this idea, I ended up choosing sparkly silver shoes in the end.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • I'm wearing blue shoes.  It does happen to match my colors fairly well, but I'd do it anyway even if it didn't :) 
  • I was just looking through photography portfolios online and I saw 3 brides with blue shoes =p It seems pretty common nowadays!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards