Destination Weddings Discussions

Opinions needed!!!

My FH and I went to Folly Beach to look for our beach house for the wedding in Sept. 2015. We found one we really liked but once we got home and contacted the company about it and did some reasearch they have pretty bad reviews. Poor customer service, homes a mess. And when we recieved the agreement from them one thing on there was that our unit was not guaranteed!! That was a big red flag to us because I cant have them calling us a month or so before the wedding to tell us we cant have it. My mom says we should find something else but they have such good prices and the home was perfect. What should we do!!??

Re: Opinions needed!!!

• I would go with your gut and your mom's advice. Ive found that the only time I am going to take the time out of my schedule to write a bad review is if it was BAD! Do you really want to risk your wedding day being ruined? :( Customer service can make or break a business in my opinion, so I am thinking if their customer service is that bad who knows what else is wrong with the business. Hope it all works out for you! Good luck!
  • I think I would skip it. Especially being that your date is still a little ways away as so much can happen in that time. What if something happens with the location. I would want something a little more reliable. Sometimes it is good to remember that you get what you pay for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I agree with PP's that you should look elsewhere. I know I only write bad reviews if it has been something pretty bad. And if there are a couple bad reviews, that means there are probably several more bad experiences that didn't get put in writing online.  Showing up and having the place a mess would be bad. Having questions unanswered due to bad customer service would be extremely frustrating and cause a lot of stress.  But, to get to a month before your wedding date, when everything is set and ready to go, then have them back out of the deal would be absolutely horrible. I wouldn't sign any contract that didn't guarantee the venue that you are contracting for. I don't think it would be worth risking your wedding like that for any venue. There are just too many red flags there and things that could go wrong, and your wedding day is not the day you want to take those risks.

• Sounds shady! I wouldn't do it either! You don't want to have all that anxiety in your gut leading into it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards