Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Jumpsuits

http://www.weddingpartyapp.com/blog/2014/02/11/bridal-jumpsuits-style-fashion-beauty-2014-trend/

Apparently this is the new trend for 2014 brides! I think that some of them are cute, but I could never imagine walking down the aisle in one. Thoughts?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding Jumpsuits

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I think that's adorable. I love jumpsuits, though. I would wear it to a beachy wedding, or an outside one that is pretty casual. 

The trend isn't really new. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    I prefer the term pantsuit because jumpsuits make me think of mechanic uniforms or jail attire. 

I was out shopping the other day and saw a woman in a black jumpsuit. She looked super chic and had me wishing I had the body & confidence to pull one off without looking like a complete idiot! 

I think some bridal pantsuits are lovely, but I prefer dresses myself. This could be a nice option for those who don't feel as comfortable in a dress but want something other than a dress suit. 
  • Options
    I just don't like jumpsuits in general. I definitely wouldn't wear one for my wedding.
  • Options
    Oh sweet jesus no.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    I prefer the term pantsuit because jumpsuits make me think of mechanic uniforms or jail attire. 

I was out shopping the other day and saw a woman in a black jumpsuit. She looked super chic and had me wishing I had the body & confidence to pull one off without looking like a complete idiot! 

I think some bridal pantsuits are lovely, but I prefer dresses myself. This could be a nice option for those who don't feel as comfortable in a dress but want something other than a dress suit. 
    Those aren't pantsuits though, they are one piece jumpsuits.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of jumpsuits, but I love the idea of brides in pants. My second choice for a wedding outfit was a custom-fit cream tuxedo with ankle-length pants, a cropped blazer, and a sequin blouse, with bitchin' pumps.
  • Options

Regardless os how cute/ not cute jumpsuits are.... do you know how hard it is to pee when you are wearing one?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I am definitely not a jumpsuit gal myself. I heard about this on the radio on the way to work. Apparently they are the "it" thing now. Huh...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Heck no. Besides, I'm pretty sure they only look good on tall and thin model types. I would look like a turtle. 
  • Options
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Regardless os how cute/ not cute jumpsuits are.... do you know how hard it is to pee when you are wearing one?

Yes...because peeing in a wedding dress is easy.
    :-)

I wouldn't wear one - but most of them were pretty darn cute.
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Actually, it was pretty easy for me and I did it all by myself.  But then again, I was wearing a normal pair of underwear and not spanxs which can be a bitch to pull back up.

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    edited April 2014
    grumbledore said: ElcaB said: I prefer the term pantsuit because jumpsuits make me think of mechanic uniforms or jail attire. 
    I think some bridal pantsuits are lovely, but I prefer dresses myself. This could be a nice option for those who don't feel as comfortable in a dress but want something other than a dress suit.  Those aren't pantsuits though, they are one piece jumpsuits.

True, but
    words :)
  • Options
    They are pretty, but I don't think they would look good on me and my body type.  I guess they would be used for a more casual wedding?

Anniversary

• Options
    I actually love them, but I feel like I'm not cool enough to pull one off.  I think this is a great option for fashion-forward brides who want to be trendy, and don't love to wear dresses.

Couldn't you just see Janelle Monae going down the aisle in one of these?  Very chic if done right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    abbyj700 said:
    KatWAG said:

At least you dont have to take your wedding dress off completely.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually kind of dig the trend. Unfortunately I don't think I could ever pull it off- but I think some of them look lovely! I also love alternative bridal attire--meaning I just love brides wearing things other than the traditional white dress (not that the white dresses aren't also lovely- I just like seeing what other people come up with).
  • Options
    I think they're cool for a casual wedding/outdoor wedding/elopement etc.  I am actually wearing a navy blue Trina Turk jumpsuit with a gold belt and gold strappy high heels for my bridal shower.  It's very slimming.  But yes, I know that having to pee that day is going to be a bitch.
  • Options
    I remember them from back in the 70s - 80s. Been there, done that, don't want the t-shirt.  I always hated getting completely undressed to use the bathroom. Half the time your sleeve would end up in the toilet or something and would get gross. They're totally unforgiving of your figure. And, to me, they look like a onesie in an adult size. No thanks.
  • Options
    So after my earlier comment that I like them on other people but don't think I could pull it off.... I ended up buying a black jumpsuit today!  I saw it on the rack, thought of you ladies, and tried it on.  I love it!  It's so comfortable and slimming.  I'll just make sure I don't wear it anywhere I'm drinking a lot, because trying to take it off in a nasty bar bathroom while tipsy won't be much fun.  But yay jumpsuits!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I hate jumpsuits.  But, I am glad they are making more alternatives for brides to wear as not everyone wants to wear a dress or a suit or something built for a man's body.
  • Options
    It's one of those things that, if I got to live several different lives and have several different weddings (just having the one!), I would totally wear one--if I could find one that looked good on me. It's like tea length dresses for me. I actually tried three tea length dresses on and all the bridal consultants (and my BM who went with me) were in love with them. I just couldn't get over the whole gown thing. Just a very different vibe.
  • Options
    I would totally rock the second one if I was like... 150lbs thinner. It looks so freaking comfortable.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    So after my earlier comment that I like them on other people but don't think I could pull it off.... I ended up buying a black jumpsuit today!  I saw it on the rack, thought of you ladies, and tried it on.  I love it!  It's so comfortable and slimming.  I'll just make sure I don't wear it anywhere I'm drinking a lot, because trying to take it off in a nasty bar bathroom while tipsy won't be much fun.  But yay jumpsuits!
    @JCBride2014 pic?
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    @JCBride2014 pic?
    @ElcaB tonight when I get home!  Maybe we can play "dress me" again and you ladies can help me accessorize.  I don't have anywhere to wear it yet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards