April 2014 Weddings
Options

Congratulations to all 4/4 and 4/5 Brides!!

Your wedding is finally here!! I hope you all have a perfect, wonderful day!

Let us know how it went when you get a chance.

Anniversary

Re: Congratulations to all 4/4 and 4/5 Brides!!

• Options
    Congrats guys!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Thanks!!!  Our day was great minus the rain and the flowers falling apart LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies. Everything was great except for our videographer getting lost and not capturing first dance and father/daughter dance, and my hair did not look like what I wanted... 
  • Options
    Our was really great, except we were late and I hate to be late. Oh, well we're married and that's all that matters!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours was amazing.  Our wedding planner took care of everything with vendors during the week prior so I could just sit back and relax.  She had a timeline down to the minute and we ran on time all day.  Wedding day, MOH (no other attendants) and I had a leisurely breakfast in the resort dining room and got to enjoy the morning breeze relaxing on her balcony.  Hair and make-up were done in just over an hour which left us with an hour to relax with champagne prior to photographer arrivals.  Got through all the getting ready photos and first look (almost spoiled by an overzealous 6 year old dashing across the golf course) in about 2 hours then had 45 minutes for some quiet time with the wedding party in a secluded reading room at the hotel.  

The wedding was in the outdoor garden (75 and sunny!).  The ceremony was under 30 minutes and our guests were off to cocktail hour (also in a garden) while husband and I strolled historic district with our photographer and videographer paparazzi.  We had a blast posing with historic homes and gorgeous landscapes in the background.  Gave lots of tourists some unique photos as well as we happened to be walking through at the end of the daily re-enactment parade.  

They snuck us in to our table for a quick snack before rejoining our guests.  Our receiving line ran super smooth, and the band kicked off the reception with our first dance followed by a surprise mother-son dance choice (I now highly recommend using Wagon Wheel and not telling your mother).  
    We actually ate dinner before getting up to mingle with guests (the advantage of having 50 guests).  Toasts and cake cutting opened the dance floor which was packed the rest of the night.  Our band (Jangling Reinharts) was amazing and highly recommended for anyone getting married in the DC/VA area.  We stayed until the end of the party so no grand exit for us.  Our photographer took the 10 minute stroll with us back to the hotel to capture some streetlight photos. 

The night ended with champagne and chocolates in our suite which were the perfect ending to the day.  The best was that they surprised us by comping the room (a shocker for a 5 star property).  The hotel staff were all so amazing. They brought the car around so the wedding planner could pack gifts and decorations away then keeping in parked in front of the hotel all night to keep an eye on it (without me asking) and brought us coffee in bed the next morning (you normally have to grab it in the lobby as they don't risk the historic hotel with coffee pots in the room).

We had a lazy brunch the next morning and unexpectedly got to see several guests for final goodbyes.  Best wedding ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards