January 2012 Weddings

Bad Interview :(

My intervew started 20 mins late without an apology from the principal. He told me what positions were open and when he would know his decision by. He asked me why I didn't have a reference from my last principal and said it would be a red flag. He told me it was not good that my cousin worked there and my nephews went to his school. He told me he liked my portfolio, but I needed newer stuff in it. He also told me I needed ESOL training. He never asked me a single question from an interview sheet or anything. I don't understand why he even called me in for the interview when he already knew about my family being there. I creid for 45 minutes after it was over.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Bad Interview :(

• Sounds like that principal was looking for excuses not to hire you for some reason.  I know plenty of teachers in my area that have other family working in the same district and even the same school (husbands/wifes even) and also have their own kids going to the same school.

I'm calling BS on this one.  Is there an HR department you can talk to?
  • I am so sorry-----however, he told you some great things that you can work on. If I were you I would first start with updating your portfolio. Take pictures of your daycare students and add lesson plans that you've been doing with them. What is ESOL training? Is it possible for you to get that? Also, there are many schools around here that have mother/daughter or husband/wife working together, but that's nepotism and I guess he doesn't want to be blamed for that.

I'm feel bad that this jerk made you feel this way. Keep your chin up. I have a good feeling you might get the other job you interview for last month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards