Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

daytime bachelorette party help!

I am a bride who will be getting married in October.  I would like an off the norm bachelorette party as I am not into clubbing and strippers and I told my MOH that I would help come up with ideas!  I was thinking of doing a food tour of NYC, but am looking for more ideas to do while in NYC for the day! Any help would be great!!! :)

Re: daytime bachelorette party help!

• brownkc1 said:
    I am a bride who will be getting married in October.  I would like an off the norm bachelorette party as I am not into clubbing and strippers and I told my MOH that I would help come up with ideas!  I was thinking of doing a food tour of NYC, but am looking for more ideas to do while in NYC for the day! Any help would be great!!! :)
    Did she ask for ideas? Are she and the other bridesmaids interested in going to NYC and spending the kind of money that involves? You really should not be involved in planning your own bachelorette.
  • Just tell your bridal party that if they decide to throw you a bachelorette party you would prefer a more low-key and classy affair.  After that you shouldn't have any input and let them take the reins.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A Broadway or off Broadway show
    A day cruise 
    Lunch & sightseeing 

• I think a food tour of NYC sounds awesome but it also sounds expensive.  That could really end up being than your friends want/can spend.  Just stick with saying you do not wish to see anyone take their clothes off nor want to go clubbing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is always the good stand by of mani/pedi time. I didn't want to go clubing either, I didn't want anyone to have that expense and half of my friends aren't into bar hopping. So my BM organized a girls night in at the MOH home & asked all the guests to bring their favorite bottle of wine to share to have an in home wine tasting, my BM all made apps for the food & we watched chick flicks. It was perfect for me because no one was put out financially and it was just time relaxing with my friends.
  • We went to a "paint your own pottery" place and then had dinner at a hibachi place for my sister's.
  • My sisters organized a Long Island wine tour for my bachelorette last weekend and it was awesome!!  I think the company was called Elegant Wine Tours and they brought us (14 girls) in a limo to 3 wineries and a pie place and lunch was included.  It was maybe a 1-1.5 hour drive from the city and we left at 9:30 and came back at 5:30.  It was so much fun

• I'm not into clubs or strippers either and my FMIL knows that when it comes time for my BMs to ask about a bachelorette (if they choose to have one) to suggest a spa day or if it's warm enough that early in May, using her backyard pool for a sun-n-fun girls day hanging out and just relaxing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards