June 2015 Weddings

Photography - Engagement Session

Have you had one? Will you? If so, when was it/will be in relation to the actual engagement and wedding dates?

We just signed our photograhy contract, and it is included in the package we selected so we will be booking it soon. Not looking to do it until probably August since I still have some baby weight I'd like to lose. We were engaged in October 2013 so this will be about halfway between then and the wedding. We're thinking of doing a park so we can get some good shots on the swings, etc. and maybe have our son in a few shots. How about you ladies?

Re: Photography - Engagement Session

• I think we're doing ours around the same time. I want to go to the strip that has wineries/diners/beaches and has a ferris wheel. It's a really neat strip.
  • We got engaged on Christmas and will be getting married next June. We're getting e-pics done this June. We're doing them because they're included in our photographer's package but FI is not really into having them done. I only want to do them since we are not "naturals" in front of the camera so I think it will be good to have us get used to having someone take pics of us. Hope they turn out nice. 

• We got engaged at Thanksgiving and are getting married June 2015. Our photography package includes an engagement session so we are doing them in July or August this year at the fire house. FI is a volunteer fireman so we are going to do the photos there. Then we will venture out back to this stream and waterfall for some more photos. I'm very excited for this!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to get ours done sometime this summer by the lake. I have about 20 lbs I want to lose first though.
    photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My photographer is actually doing our engagement first week of June, boudoir photos shortly after that than the wedding next summer. I cannot wait!!
  • I'm thinking of doing ours soon ... maybe in the next month or two ...
  • edited May 2014
    I just had mine done and they turned out amazing!!! If anyone needs an engagement photographer, Joanna from SavySnaps is extremely reasonable.

Edit: I thought this was on the Pittsburgh board. Sorry Ladies, but if anyone in Pittsburgh is interested I can give you her info!
  • An engagement shoot was included in our photography package, and we had them done 2 weeks ago. I am SO happy we did- we were pleased with the pictures, but definitely have some feedback for our photographer about what we liked, didn't like, etc.
  • I want to do engagement pictures too. Do soon so there is nice weather.

• we are having ours done in December for our June wedding and they were included in the package we got with our photog

• im getting mine done next saturday
    and our wedding is in june
    im hoping to get the save the dates done and out by december
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did ours last weekend, it was so fun! I have only seen some sneak peeks but they look great so far. 
  • Our wedding is in June 2015 and we did our engagement photos in September this year. Since our wedding will be summery looking, we reasoned that some nice autumn photos would be a good thing to have for variety. :) We went to a little historic site around here, walked some trails, to the beach by the river, and just walking around the little historic village. I was nervous for it but it was actually super fun! 
  • I'm getting married in June 2015 and we took our engagement photos this past May. We took them at a Starbucks (that's where we met) and at the Nassau County Museum of Art. The photographer was a guy I went to high school with and he took the photos as a gift. They were amazing, I couldn't be happier. 
  • we did our beggining of october and they were so much fun
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got ours done toward the end of October and I love them. We had actually had our pictures done by our wedding photographer before (she photographed the proposal as a surprise) but it was nice to have more awesome pictures done by her and we could incorporate our wedding themes in the pictures (books) to use on our save the dates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards