Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is this dress okay for a bridesmaid dress...I know it looks a bit casual but is it okay?

I really like how this fits on 2 of my bridesmaids (my sisters). All my bridesmaid are of different shapes and sizes even my sisters. I am scared its a bit under dressed but I think adding a sparkly belt. I want to ask you guys before showing it to my other bridesmaid =T

Dress:

Re: Is this dress okay for a bridesmaid dress...I know it looks a bit casual but is it okay?

• Options
    So you have a pretty formal wedding dress (lovely!!!). It's not a ball gown, but it is most definitely a bridal gown, so I agree that this dress is a little too casual in comparison. I don't think throwing the belt on there would help a whole lot. This is a Saturday brunch dress. 

What time of day is your wedding? How formal? What are the men wearing? If you let us know color and budget, we might be able to help you find some good options. 

• Options
    I agree that the bridesmaids dresses are a little too casual. Specially because your wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous and very formal. It definitely depends on the time of day for sure, but at this point no matter what time of day your wedding is, I believe the bridesmaids dresses need to be a little more formal to stand up next to you.

Did I mention your dress is fantastic!?
  • Options

I actually really like the BM dress. Although it would terrible on me since I am short, that hem length is hard to wear. But I dont think the belt goes with the dress, at all. Either pick a fancier BM dress or ditch the belt. I think this dress could be perfect for a daytime, outdoor wedding.

Love your dress!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love your dress, very elegant. I like the dress you picked for possible BM dress, but not as a BM dress... I think it would be more of a rehersal dinner type occasion dress. I agree with the other posts, it is a bit too casual to be next to your beautiful dress.
  • Options
    I think the BM dresses are a bit too casual especially put next to your dress.  Also, that length is really hard to wear for the majority of people.  Even if you were having a day time, outdoor wedding I would still think that they were too casual, mainly because of your dress.

What is you budget for the BM dresses?  What if you found a designer that fit within your budget and just picked a color, fabric, and length and let your BMs pick the best dress for them?

• Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014

I think they are too casual as well, and that gathered waist would look awful on anyone that has a belly. 

ETA:  Spaghetti straps aren't great for anyone that might be busty and needs to wear a bra, either.

• Options
    Depending on the venue, the BM might be too casual. Like if you are having a beach or outdoors wedding, it would probably fit in very well. A church ceremony, especially if it's a very ornate church, it might look too casual. I like the belt but with the way the top of the dress hangs over at the waist, I'm wondering if the belt would even show. You can dress up the look by the type of jewelry the girls wear and shoes. Like instead of a nude shoe, if they all have (or don't mind buying, ask first) metallic shoes, that would dress up the look some.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm not going to lie, I don't love it. I think you can do better. 

On the other hand, your dress is stunning. 
  • Options
    If you are having a more casual wedding, I love them. But I don't really think the belt would look great with them and, as PPs have said, they might look a little too casual next to your dress.
  • Options
    dress is to casual like a going to brunch lunch date, or a nice walk on the beach
  • Options
    I also think BM dress is a little bit casual although it looks fine. By the way,our wedding dress is stunning.
  • Options
    I phruschaed
  • Options
    I agree w/ PPs, it appears too casual.  If you insist, however, I'd really consider the sizes and shapes of the girls wearing them.  That hem length looks AWFUL on me.  I'm 5'2" and that length just chops my legs off and doesn't flatter me.  I need knee length or floor length.   In addition, the elastic waist would and that flowy material is going to make me look heavier than I really am.   And the spaghetti straps are too dainty.  I would feel very uncomfortable wearing this dress.
  • Options
    I don't love the BM dress -- mainly because that cut is only going to be flattering on someone tall and thin with a small chest.  I love the color, though!  I would keep looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards