Ohio-Cincinnati

08/13/2011 Vendor Review with Pictures

Venue
Union Township Civic Center - A
If you are a resident of Union Township the use of this room is free.  Since we were having a budget wedding this was perfect.  The room is very nice but does have a little bit of a conference room look to it.  Set up and tear down is required so that needs to be taken into consideration.  The only reason I did not give the room an A+ is that the air conditioning was not turned on and the room was very hot.  We luckily ran into one of the maintenance men, who was able to get a hold of someone and turn it on.

Ceremony MusiciansThe Happy Couple Duo – A+Katy and Zach are awesome!  They are super easy to work with and the addition of their music added a touch of class to the ceremony.  They fit well into my budget and well worth the money spent.  I would highly recommend them!

Photographer
Dave Warren Photography - A+
Dave is a friend of mine and has done photography for a band I was in years ago.  He was very affordable, professional and easy to work with.  I love the way my pictures turned out!  I would recommend him without hesitation.

CakeBecknell’s Bakery – A+I had originally contracted another company to do my cake.  At the last minute, they cancelled.  Since I was so close to my wedding date I was afraid I would not find a suitable replacement.  Luckily I was wrong.  Cory and Paula saved the day.  The cake looked just like my inspiration pictures and it was soooo good!  My guests raved about my cake. And the icing on the cake (pun intended) was that they were very affordable.  Again, I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them again in the future for other special occasion cakes.

Flowers
My Bouquet, Altar Arrangements & Centerpieces - Summer Garden Floral - A+

I chose silk flowers as they were more cost effective.  Although I know the cascading bouquet is no longer the style, I wanted one.  Nancy was great to work with!  I gave her an idea of what I had in mind, what my color scheme was and she delivered a beautiful product that I was so very happy with.  What a sweet lady and the flowers were fabulous.

Bridesmaid's Bouquets
Etsy Seller - My Favors and Flowers - A+
Again, Linda was great to work with.  As with Nancy, I gave her an idea of what I had in mind and my color scheme and she created something beautiful.  I was hesitant to buy these online, but she kept me in the loop with lots of pictures along the way and I felt very comfortable the flowers would be great, and they were. I would recommend her highly!

CateringLarosa’s – AWe had a very small celebration and had a difficult time finding a caterer that would work with such a small guest list.  I researched local restaurants and came across Larosa’s website and saw they offered catering.  This was the perfect solution for my wedding.  I offered Chicken Alfredo and Lasagna.  The meals came with salad and breadsticks.  Everybody enjoyed the food and the cost was very affordable.  The only reason they did not get an A+ is that the delivery driver they sent was not very well organized or very well informed.  But all in all, I was pleased with their service.  AttireDavid’s Bridal – BMeh, it’s David’s Bridal and we all know you can’t expect perfection.  The service was OK.  The alterations were OK.  Nothing special.  My dress was one of the $99 specials and it was exactly what I had in mind.  My girl’s dresses were beautiful and they flattered the different figures nicely.

Re: 08/13/2011 Vendor Review with Pictures

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards