Attire & Accessories Forum

Informal Wedding Dress with Matching Flower Girl Dress

I wont bore all of you with my long story but I will summarize. I was married in 2007 (I of course used the knot then as well). Unfortunately I got divorced. Fortunately I'm now re-marrying that same man this summer. Crazy and weird I know but things are better and actually I truly believe it made us stronger, in a weird way. Anyway, we have a beautiful and awesome daughter that will turn 6 this summer. I would love for us to have matching or at least coordinating dresses. I'm having a difficult time finding anything I like though. Last time we did a destination wedding and this time we're just going to the courthouse. However, I still want to make it special. I thought it would be a cute surprise for him if we have matching/coordinating dresses that are knee length or tea length.  Any recommendations of websites/stores to look at? 

Thanks in advance! 

Nikki

Re: Informal Wedding Dress with Matching Flower Girl Dress

• tk110376 said:

I wont bore all of you with my long story but I will summarize. I was married in 2007 (I of course used the knot then as well). Unfortunately I got divorced. Fortunately I'm now re-marrying that same man this summer. Crazy and weird I know but things are better and actually I truly believe it made us stronger, in a weird way. Anyway, we have a beautiful and awesome daughter that will turn 6 this summer. I would love for us to have matching or at least coordinating dresses. I'm having a difficult time finding anything I like though. Last time we did a destination wedding and this time we're just going to the courthouse. However, I still want to make it special. I thought it would be a cute surprise for him if we have matching/coordinating dresses that are knee length or tea length.  Any recommendations of websites/stores to look at? 

Thanks in advance! 

Nikki

Honestly, I dislike it when children are dressed like mini-brides and actually find it kind of creepy. Anyways, Alfred Angelo http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/Collections/Flower-Girls
    http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/Collections/Bridal-Collection

David's Bridal  http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Flower-Girls-Mini-Bridal-Gowns__pageSize-all
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns__pageSize-all
  • Just find a pretty white dress with a colored sash for her.  It should be easy to find after Easter.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  •  I agree, to maybe match by colour, or accessories, but not the same dress. You can get super cute white flower girl dresses at most bridal stores. I'd check out some local boutiques, or even a Davids Bridal. You could do both dresses in white, with matching coloured sashes, or bows, on each of your dresses. Something cute & coordinated! :)

*J
  • I also think it's creepy when flower girls are dressed like mini-brides... but if you're looking for just a normal white dress rather than a "wedding dress" it might be less weird. Like this?

Otherwise I'd maybe go with matching necklaces, matching sparkly shoes, etc, or simply both in the same style of fabric but different cuts of dress. (white lace babydoll with cap sleeves for her; white lace strapless sheath for you? etc.)

• I think OP maybe talking about non-wedding dresses to wear. I think you should be able to find something at Macy's or a store like that. Or maybe I am missing the mark all together.

*Formerly ctexasgurl26 and mrsridings061513*

imageimageimage

Anniversary
    Baby William born June 11, 2014 Weighing 6 lbs 5 oz and 17.5 inches long

• Thanks for all of the help everyone! I want us both in white but I don't really want either one of us in an actual wedding dress. I'm thinking more of an all white sun dress or a "little black dress" but in white :) 
    I really like the idea of doing different dresses and then just finding an accent of some sort to coordinate. THANKS!
  • I'd look for cute casual white eyelet dresses for each of you.
  • I think OP maybe talking about non-wedding dresses to wear. I think you should be able to find something at Macy's or a store like that. Or maybe I am missing the mark all together.

This is exactly what I was thinking but in white! Coordinating but yet age appropriate for both of us. Different yet the same. This was my exact original thought.
    If I don't find it I like the idea of just doing separate dresses and a matching accent or accessory of some sort. 
  • @tk110376 I just did an image search but you could try etsy or a special occasions store.

*Formerly ctexasgurl26 and mrsridings061513*

imageimageimage

Anniversary
    Baby William born June 11, 2014 Weighing 6 lbs 5 oz and 17.5 inches long

• JCPenney actually has quite a few white dresses right now for women and girls... I like these. :)

Lilianna Ribbon-Belt Strapless Lace Dress $74.99

Marmellata Allover Lace Flower Girl Dress – Girls 7-14 $30.99

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards