Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

DO NOT USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER!

If you are in the Austin area, do not use Steve Armstrong Photography!

We had a contract that was not upheld, he was very pushy to have us spend more and more money for additional sittings and photos.  The total cost paid was over $2300 for 576 photos that when we received our digital files, they are unedited unfinished.  To get the Professional photos we thought we were purchasing, we have to pay more money.

Save yourself from our misery, hire someone else.

Re: DO NOT USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER!

• edited December 2011
    that's unfortunate, I feel your pain we hired a professional photographer as well that just took TERRIBLE photos, quality-wise and creative-wise. If you're interested, I do photo retouching / enhancements for reasonable prices, if you want to look at my facebook page and get in touch with me I can see what I can do for you to fix them up :)

• edited December 2011
    I am right there with  you. We trusted my husband's parents who are photographers to use their friends. There are more pictures of my in laws than there are of  my husband and I. I am really disappointed. I also had problems with th event planner at our venue. Not much I can do about either now though. Its so sad how people don't listen to your wants and needs, especially in the Wedding industry!
  • edited December 2011
    this has been one of my main worries!! I'm currently in the process of trying to find a photographer. It's so stressful. I don't know where to even begin. The first one I found (really was reffered to by a friend, she said you'll love her and prices are reasonable)- her price/packages started at 3500!!!! thats way out of my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Looking back now, I would rather spend the money for somebody good. Go with somebody  you've seen good pictures from. There were two that friends used that I should of gone with. I loved how my friends pictures came out. I also recomend the disposable cameras on the tables and asking lots of friends and family to take pictures as well. Visit the sites and MAKE A LIST of every picture that you want taken, and have your MOH check them off while you do pictures. Maybe get the photographer to sign something saying they will do all the pictures on your list? This is what I would do now having experienced the disappointment. I don't want anybody else to go through it also.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks the idea of the list is a really great one! now if only i can find a photographer to use that list on haha! I never knew how much went into picking one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards